Grand jury names 44 in indictments
By FAITH HUFFMAN, News-Telegram News Editor
June 25, 2008 - A Hopkins County Grand Jury this month indicted 44 individuals on 62 charges which ranged from manslaughter and aggravated assault to robbery, theft and possession of controlled substances.
John Steven Williams, who is blind, is accused of killing two workers and injuring two others in a crash at a road construction site in May, then fleeing the scene. He was indicted on two charges each of manslaughter and aggravated assault, and on three other felony counts of failure to stop and render aid.
Others indicted include:
Todd William Randall for aggravated robbery. He is alleged on May 24 to have pulled a knife on a convenience store clerk and demanded money from the register.
Also indicted for robbery were Scott Christian Rich, Brandon Lee Light and Michael Brandon Davis, who are accused of displaying a long-barreled gun in January while committing theft.
David Eldon Pyron Jr. was indicted for possession or transport of chemicals with the intent to manufacture a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and forgery. He is alleged to have forged an insurance card in January, and in April to have possessed anhydrous ammonia to make methamphetamine. He had less than a gram of meth in his possession at the time, according to records.
J. Gabriel Lozano was indicted on charges of indeceny and aggravated sexual assault, both involving a girl under the age of 14 in March and April of 1991.
Aggravated assault indictments were handed down stemming from incidents in June of 2007. Christopher Michael Gilbert is charged with pointing and firing a rifle at a family member during an assault, while Joey Allen Pierce is accused of threatening to stab a woman with a steak knife during an assault.
Two were indicted for online solicitation of a minor. Shane Michael Wilson in February is alleged to have asked a girl via a text message to meet him. In December 2007, Michael Don Armstrong is alleged to have sent a text message requesting a minor meet him with intent to "engage in sexual intercourse."
Tanner James Scott Christy was indicted for criminal mischief and theft in a case from April a barbed wire fence was cut during the theft of insulated copper wire from Wood County Electric.
Brian Patterson Pennington was indicted for family violence assault, a charge enhanced to a felony because he has previously been convicted of a similar offense. He is alleged in February to have grabbed a family member's hair, slammed the side of her face on the kitchen counter and put her in a choke hold.
Michael Sean Schwab was indicted for theft of insulated copper wire from Chrysalis House on May 18.
Kurt David Washburn was indicted for retaliation, charged with leaving a threatening voice message on a man's phone, in retaliation for reporting a crime.
Indicted for injury to a disabled person was Jarred Chase Hooker. He is alleged in June 2007 to have thrown a disabled man through a window and to have punched him in the face several times.
Other indictments include:
- Anthony Lewis Fralin Jr., burglary of a building in July 2007.
- Tami Kay Crow, burglary of a habitation, theft and possession of a controlled substance in July 2007.
- Jason Donnell Givens, possession with intent to deliver or manufacture a controlled substance in October of 2007.
- Roger Clinton Lawrence, delivery of a controlled substance in April 2007.
- Briana Gabriella Vazquez, debit card abuse in April 2007.
- Ericka Rene Millsap, debit card abuse in July 2007.
- Crystal Brooke Vargas, theft of Visine eye drops and Risen chocolates from an E-Z Mart store in April o 2007. The charge was enhanced to a felony due to two prior convictions.
- Roy Tamayo, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in August 2007.
- Christopher Cody Cline, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in July 2007.
- Emanuel Ladell Searcy, theft of a TV and DVD player in March 2007.
- Michael Sikes, possession of a firearm by a felon in April 2006.
- Among those indicted for possession of a controlled substance were:
- Christian Grant Morrow, April, less than 1 gram of methamphetamine
- Tony Ralph Deckard, between 4 and 200 grams of dihydrocodeinone and 1 to 4 grams of methamphetamine in February.
- J. Natividad Sabala, 400 or more grams of cocaine, August 2007.
- Robert Dominic Sajewski and Christine Nicole Sturgill, 400 or more grams of cocaine, November 2007.
- Chaddrick Ladale Smith, 4 to 200 grams of cocaine, December 2007.
- John Adam Kasey Follis, Jeremy Randall Hill and Lance Michael Hill Hankins, possession of less than 1 gram of heroin and methamphetamine on March 19.
- William Harold Gilbert, less than 1 gram of cocaine, July 2007.
- Brandyn Lee Tedder, less than 1 gram of cocaine, May 2007.
- Lowell Warren Ward, 400 or more grams of cocaine, March.
- Individuals indicted for marijuana offenses included:
- Mathew James Conley, delivery of marijuana in a drug-free zone in July or 2007.
- Amber Chandale Goldsmith, delivery of marijuana in a drug-free zone.
- Terry Allen Pace, possession of 4 ounces to 5 pounds in April.
- Christopher Adam Pena, possession of 5 to 50 pounds, July 2007.
- Derek Dalmark Brewer, possession of 4 ounces 5 pounds, February 2007.
- Susana Rios Martinez and Rose Ema Marinez, possession of 50 pounds to 2,000 pounds, June of 2007.