2007 Dairy Foods Contest announced
By Johanna Hicks | Extension Agent — Family & Consumer Sciences
May 20, 2007 - Entry forms and guidelines are now available for the 2007 Dairy Foods Contest, to be held in conjunction with the 2007 Hopkins County Dairy Festival. The contest is scheduled for Saturday, June 9, at the Hopkins County Regional Civic Center.
Written entries should be submitted to the Hopkins County Extension Office, 228 Hinnant St., by 5 p.m. on June 5. Entries will be checked for correct format and use of dairy products. Actual prepared dishes should be brought to the Civic Center on June 9 between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. Judging will begin at 9:15 a.m.
The guidelines are:
1) All entries must include at least two real dairy products.
2) A written copy of the recipe must be submitted by 5 p.m. June 5.
3) Written recipe should spell out terms: example — teaspoon, not 'tsp.'
4) Age divisions are children under age 11; youth ages 12-18; adults ages 19-59; and older adult from age 60 up.
5) Entry categories are cheesecake, other desserts, main dish, nutritious snack and side dish.
6) Entries will be judged on appearance, texture, use of dairy products, flavor and correct recipe format.
7) Submit written entry to: Attn: Johanna Hicks, Texas Cooperative Extension, P.O. Box 518, 228 Hinnant St., Sulphur Springs, TX 75483.
Contact Johanna Hicks at the County Extension Office, 903-885-3443, if you have questions. Entry forms are available at the Extension Office or go to the “Publications” area of the Extension office website at http://hopkins-tx.tamu.edu/