Parent orientation rescheduled at Douglas
From Staff Reports
Aug 26, 2007 - Sulphur Springs ISD students return to class Monday, while their parents will have a few days before they'll have to go back to school for parent orientation and "meet the teacher" nights.
One campus has changed the date it will hold parent orientation. Douglas Intermediate School has rescheduled its parent orientation session for Thursday, Sept. 13. Principal Tona Sue Hudson said the date was originally set for Aug. 28 but had to be changed due to schedule conflicts.
Parent orientation sessions are scheduled by grade at all SSSID elementary schools on Sept. 4 and 6. The schedule:
- First Grade - Tuesday, Sept. 4, 6:30 p.m.
- Second Grade - Tuesday, Sept. 4, 7 p.m.
- Third Grade - Thursday, Sept. 6, 6:30 p.m.
- Fourth Grade - Thursday, Sept. 6, 7 p.m.
- Fifth Grade (Douglas) - Thursday, Sept. 13, 7 p.m.
Meet the teacher nights will be held at Sulphur Springs Middle School, Houston Learning Center and Sulphur Springs High School on Sept. 10 and 11:
- Middle School - Monday, Sept. 10, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Houston Learning Center - Monday, Sept. 10, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- High School - Tuesday, Sept. 11, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Administrators also hope visitors will be able to view the new facilities and renovations at SSHS at that time.
Also, the Boys and Girls Club of Hopkins County will be open the first week of school at the club's new headquarters at the old Houston Elementary School campus. Buses will be available to take club members from school to the new site, but won't be available to take children home, at least for the first week. Parents should pick up children on the east side of the building.
The first week's schedule includes:
- Monday - Welcome back ceremony
- Tuesday - Game Day Frenzy
- Wednesday - Sing-along
- Thursday - Pizza Party sponsored by Pizza Inn
- Friday - Ice cream party sponsored by the Southwest Dairy Center