The Main Street Farmers’ Market has already become the perfect venue for previously unknown local producers to offer fresh, local foods, but the newest vendor is well known in town.
Sulphur Springs Floral, owned and operated by Lydia Bryant, plans to set up a booth at this Saturday’s Farmers’ Market to sell cut flowers. Three Oaks Farms has previously been the only regular seller of flowers at the Farmers’ Market.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Sulphur Springs Floral is using another marketing tool to offer its products to the public. SS Floral’s new home, built just a couple of years ago at 116 Bill Bradford Road, is as much a showcase for its wares as a store. The company also has a website (www.ssfloraletc.com) and a toll-free number to take orders.
Also scheduled for Saturday’s Farmers’ Market, which is open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., is a cooking demonstration by Jill McKeever, a Sulphur Springs resident who operates the simpledailyrecipes.com website. She will be demonstrating how to make “Texas Peach Tea” and “Simple Zucchini Bars,” which, believe it or not, is for dessert.
Also scheduled to be at this Saturday’s Farmers’ Market on Main Street downtown:
* Three Oaks Farm — Plants, hanging baskets, flowers
* Robert Armor — Smoked cheese
* Patsy Yates — Produce
* Jennifer & John Allison — Fresh eggs, dips and gourmet foods
* Seven Seas Coffee Roasting Company — Coffee, smoothies, cappuccinos, etc.
* Bar V Brand — Steaks (rib eye, sirloin, club), ground beef, pork sausage; vendor will be cooking sausage in the morning and hamburgers for lunch
* Fernando Rodriguez — Produce
* Marlon Webb — Produce, plants
* Sloans Creek Farm — Beef, lamb, goat, pasture pork, wild-caught salmon
* Danny Arnett — Beef jerky
* Rusty’s Grass Finished Foods — Beef, herbal sorbet desserts
* Deborah Cavanaugh — Cookies, breads, cinnamon rolls, cakes, pies and more
* Sulphur Springs Floral — Cut flowers (NEW)
* Rick Murray — Fresh Breads
* J.R. Fisher — Goat’s milk lotions, fresh eggs, squash
* Jill McKeever — Cooking demo, Texas Peach Tea and Simple Zucchini Bars (dessert)
|< Prev||Next >|