The Main Street Farmers’ Market is expecting one of its newest vendors to return Saturday, as well as a cooking demonstration from the Extension service.
The Sulphur Springs Department of Tourism is also sponsoring its second Flea Market on the Square this weekend.
Rusty’s Grass Finished Foods, based on a local farm, came to the Farmers' Market for the first time last Saturday. The operation can best be described, as owner Rusty Roth says, as “Cutting edge — 100 years ago.” He raises cattle on a 1,200-acre farm near Como, letting the livestock graze exclusively on native Texas grasses. They graze 365 days a year without supplemented grain, and don’t use hormones, antibiotics or wormers. In fact, Roth’s stated goal is to stay away from any type of chemicals (that includes processing, as well). Besides beef products like steaks and German sausage, they also sell sorbets.
Also scheduled for Saturday’s Farmers’ Market, which is open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., is a cooking demonstration by Hopkins County Extension office agents on "Homemade seasoning mixes with herbs and spice."
The anticipated list of vendors for Saturday:
- Three Oaks Farm — plants, hanging baskets, flowers
- Robert Armor — smoked cheese
- Patsy Yates — produce
- Jennifer Allison — dips, eggs
- Seven Seas Coffee Roasting Company — coffee, smoothies, cappuccino's, etc.
- Cibo Vino Restaurant — fresh baked bread
- Bar V Brand — rib eyes, sirloin, club steak, ground beef, pork sausage and will be cooking sausage in the morning and hamburgers for lunch
- JCS Cookies — Homemade cookies, brownies and dog treats
- Fernando Rodriquez — produce
- Marlon Webb — produce, plants (local strawberries are coming in)
- Sloans Creek Farm — Beef, lamb, goat, pasture pork, wild-caught salmon
- Shawna Williams — Fresh baked bread
- Danny Arnett — Beef Jerkey
- Rusty's Grass Finished Foods — Beef, Herbal Sorbet desserts
- Deanna Boggs — Market baskets, goards, packaged nuts, fruits, trail mix and peacan pies
- HCMH — Memorial Physician Services
- Hopkins County Extension office — Cooking demonstration on “Homemade seasoning mixes with herbs and spices”
- Vaughan's Soap Farm — handmade soap
|< Prev||Next >|