To help students and parents better prepare for the 2013-14 year, local school districts have designated times for special activities.
Most local school districts will be holding a Meet the Teacher night Thursday, Aug. 22, at their campuses so families can become acquainted with their child’s teacher, drop off school supplies and learn particulars about what’s expected of the child in this school year. Some campuses also have set aside special times for junior high and high school students to pick up their class schedules.
- Cumby Independent School District’s Meet the Teacher Night and Back to School Bash will be held on Thursday, Aug. 22, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the new gym at the school. Students are encouraged to bring school supply donations to “Pack the Bus,” which benefits students who can’t afford school items. The nurse will be available to answer any questions concerning immunizations and the secretary will be available for registration questions. A PTO drive will also be conducted at the bash. High school students can also pick up their class schedules. Meet the Trojans night will begin at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 26.
- Students at Como-Pickton can Meet the Teacher from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22. Older students may also pick up schedules during that time.
- Meet the Teacher at North Hopkins ISD will begin Thursday, Aug. 22, at 6 p.m. in the cafeteria for elementary and 7 p.m. for high school. Elementary pupils can bring their school supplies. Lists are available on the school website and at Walmart. Junior high and high school students should be able to pick up schedules at that time.
- Miller Grove students can report to the school Thursday, Aug. 22, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. for all levels to meet teachers and other first of school information. High school students can pick up schedules that night too.
- Meet the Teacher activities for students in Saltillo Independent School District will be conducted from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Sulphur Bluff ISD’s annual Meet the Teacher and Hot Dog Supper will be from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Students can bring their supplies and drop them off at that time.
SULPHUR SPRINGS ISD
Sulphur Springs ISD will also be holding Meet the Teacher and schedule pick-ups on various campuses. Eighth graders kick things off with schedule pick-ups Wednesday afternoon. Students can bring supplies when meeting their teachers. Schedules will only be released to the student or student’s legal guardian as appropriate forms are completed and submitted. Activities scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 22 are:
- SSMS — Seventh grade schedule pick-up, 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m; Meet the Teacher and sixth grade schedule pick-up 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Douglas Intermediate — Meet the Teacher, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sulphur Springs Elementary — Third and fourth grade Meet the Teacher, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Early Childhood Learning Center — Meet the Teacher: Head Start 3, Head Start 4 and pre-kindergarten, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; kindergarten and transitional first grade, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Things wrap up Monday, Aug. 26, in SSISD at the primary campuses and high school. Those activities are as follows:
- Bowie, Lamar and Travis Primary — Meet the Teacher will be conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Sulphur Springs High School — Freshman “Fish Camp” Orientation and ninth grade schedule distribution, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in SSHS cafeteria; grades 10, 11 and 12, schedule pick-up, 1:30 to 3 p.m. Freshman schedules will be available for pick-up during the morning activities. All freshmen and new students are encouraged to come for the entire time period.
|< Prev||Next >|