Registration for full-day pre-kindergarten classes at Sulphur Springs Independent School District is ongoing through the rest of the summer. Children who are four-years old on or before Sept. 1 and reside within SSISD may apply. The program is free for qualified students.
To obtain a pre-k packet, the child’s parent or legal guardian must show income verification, such as the two most current paycheck stubs or 2012 income tax return. Contact Sonya Smith or Beckey Woods from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday in the front office at Early Childhood Learning Center, 390 North Hillcrest Drive.
Once obtained, all applications must be complete before they are accepted for consideration. Each application requires a number of documents, including:
- Proof of residency within SSISD, such as an electric, water, gas or other utility bill
- Parent or legal guardian’s photo ID
- The child’s official birth certificate, Social Security card and up-to-date immunization records
- Doctor’s notes concerning any allergies or health needs the child may have
- Custodial documents or other court orders, if applicable
For more information, call 903-439-6170, ext. 6112.
|< Prev||Next >|