Relay For Life Committee member Johnna West offers a few reminders to teams in preparation for the May 17-18 event on the downtown square. Here’s a quick checklist:
- Batons will be judged at 6 p.m. Friday.
- City officials say the square will officially be shut down for RFL until 6 p.m. Friday.
- Interior parking spaces downton will be blocked off Friday morning.
- Teams who plan to do any grilling will be required to provide fire extinguishers as a safety precaution.
- If electricity is needed for a campsite, that team must bring a 50 foot extension cord appropriate for the device being powered.
- Campsite setup may begin at noon Friday.
- Don’t forget decorations or banners for the campsite.
- Silent auction items should be delivered to the designated tables on the west side of the grassy area on the square.
- Only RFL team captains and committee members are allowed in the courthouse basement as designated.
- Advise committee what items the team is selling; the team should bring to the campsite money to use for change when selling items.
- Buckets of sand or gallon jugs filled with sand should be used to hold tents down. Bring chairs to sit or sleep in.
- Each team captain will receive a folder for their team campsite.
- T-shirts can be picked up from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday on the square. (Teams with 15 members should be prepared to turn in $1,500.)
|< Prev||Next >|