Como-Pickton and Miller Grove Elementary schools have scheduled registration activities for new pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students for the 2013-2014 school year.
Registration at C-P began Monday and will continue through Wednesday, March 27. This is for new students to the district only. Bring one document, such as a utility bill, showing proof of district residence; the child’s birth certificate, Social Security card, up-to-date immunization records and doctors’ notes concerning any allergies or health needs; foster care information; and custodial documents or court orders. The registering parent will be asked to attend as short meeting explaining school procedures.
To register for pre-k, children must be 4 and for kindergarten 5, on or before Sept. 1. There will be a limited number of pre- k students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year, on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-k pupils will have to follow the same policy for attendance as all other district students from kindergarten through 12th grade. A doctor’s note should be obtained and returned with the child if the student goes to the doctor.
All registration information must be completed before an application can be considered for enrollment. Any items not provided at time of registration must be returned to the school between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. by Friday, March 29.
Kindergarten and pre-kindergarten roundup at Miller Grove Elementary will be conducted April 8-12 for new students for the 2013-2014 school year. Parents should bring all required documentation to the high school office during the week to register their child. Currently enrolled pre-k and kindergarten students do not have to re-enroll, according to MG Elementary Registrar Brandon Darrow.
To register for pre-kindergarten, the child must be 3 or 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2013. To qualify for tuition-free pre-k, the child must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Qualify for the free or reduced breakfast and lunch program with a household income that falls within the range established by the state.
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language.
- Be homeless.
- Be the child of an active duty member of the Armed Forces or reserved component of the Armed Forces.
- Be the child of a member of the Armed Forces who was injured or killed while serving in active duty.
- Be a child who has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing.
Parents and guardians may still enroll pre-k students who do not meet the requirements, but
must pay a district tuition fee of $300 per six weeks.
In order to register for kindergarten, the student must be 5 on or before Sept. 1.
- The parent or guardian registering the new pre-k or kindergarten applicant must bring the following documents at the time or registration to apply:
- Child’s birth certificate (can be ordered online at Texas.gov if a copy is needed).
- Child's Social Security card.
- Child's most current immunization record.
- The enrolling person’s driver’s license.
- Proof of residence, such as a utility bill or tax statement, or complete a transfer request.
For more information about Miller Grove pre-k and kindergarten roundup, call 903-459-3288.
|< Prev||Next >|