LoginCreate an account

Home News-Telegram News Chicago-area men held after Wednesday pursuit

Chicago-area men held after Wednesday pursuit

E-mail Print PDF

News-Telegram Staff Writer
    Two Illinois men, wanted in that state for kidnapping and robbing an elderly woman, remain in Hopkins County jail in lieu of bond and transport back to Wills County, Ill.
    Aaron Darnell Anderson, 20, was arraigned before Justice of the Peace Yvonne King, who Thursday morning set bonds at $20,000 on the offense of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon and $10,000 on the offense of evading arrest or detention with a vehicle. Illinois authorities set a $1 million bond on a charge of armed robbery.
    Judge King set bond at $20,000 for Dorian Mikil Yamini, 21, on the charge of possession of a firearm by a felon. A $1 million bond was set by Illinois authorities on a charge of armed robbery in the Chicago area.
    The men were taken into custody following a high-speed pursuit Wednesday morning on Interstate 30 and on both the north and south service roads between Sulphur Springs and Brashear.
    Police Chief Jim Bayuk said the chase began when interdiction officer Lt. Jason Ricketson attempted to stop the men’s vehicle for a traffic violation just after 7 a.m. Wednesday.
    The chase, which began on the interstate, moved to the north service road near the west city limits and continued to the overpass at Brashear, where the fleeing car crossed over the highway and headed back toward Sulphur Springs.
    State Trooper Brandon Stribling helped bring the car to a stop when he deployed a spike strip that blew out three of the four tires on the car.
    After taking the men into custody, officers found a .40 cal. handgun in the vehicle.
    Once the men were in custody, Ricketson began running record checks on the men and found they were wanted in Illinois in connection with an incident in which the men were said to have kidnapped an elderly woman at gunpoint and forced her to give them her credit and ATM cards. The woman was later released unharmed.
    Bayuk said Illinois investigators were in almost constant contact with local officers throughout the day Wednesday regarding the arrests here and the investigation there.
    The Illinois authorities said they would begin the extradition process in order to get the men back to that state as soon as possible.




mySSnews Login

User Menu