LoginCreate an account

     
 
Home News-Telegram News Boil notice lifted in Como

Boil notice lifted in Como

E-mail Print PDF

By KERRY CRAIG
News-Telegram Staff Writer
    The boil water advisory for City of Como water customers has been lifted, according to Como Water Commissioner Phillip Kincaid.
    Como residents had been advised to boil all water used for human consumption since Friday afternoon when a contractor laying new water lines ruptured a water main.
    “We had a private contracting company replacing some old cast iron lines with new 8-inch PVC lines, upgrading the system,” the water commissioner said Friday afternoon. “While they were trenching with their track-hoe, they hit the old cast iron and busted it, it was still in service and we were out of water for a few hours.”
    Along with shutting off water service to Como residents, the ruptured 8-inch water line drained the city's water tower in a matter of minutes.
    Kincaid said repairs were quickly made but water customers were without water for a couple of hours.
    Because of the ruptured line and a lack of water pressure, Kincaid said residents were instructed to boil water used for human consumption.
    “Anytime that the pressure in the system drops below 20 psi, it's a standard precautionary measure,” he said. “We don't know that anything infiltrated the system but there is always the possibility when the pressure in the line drops below 20 pounds, it's a routine that's required by the state that we issue the boil water notice and take water samples.”
    The samples analyzed by the laboratory service indicated there had been no contamination of the water in the Como water system and the boil water notice was lifted as of early Monday.

 

Search...

WebSite

mySSnews Login



User Menu