Registration for the Sulphur Springs Head Start program for the 2013-2014 school year is scheduled for Feb. 19-22 at Early Childhood Learning Center, 390 Hillcrest Drive.
Head Start is staffed by certified teachers and assistants for full-day educational services. Students are provided two nutritional meals and a snack each day and enjoy outdoor playground facilities. Limited transportation services, social services, parent involvement activities, speech/hearing evaluations and health/dental screenings are provided. There are also parent involvement activities to encourage parents’ actively participating in students’ education and school. Head Start accepts children with mild, moderate or severe disabilities as determined by individual student needs.
In order to apply, the child must first be three or four years old on or before Sept. 1 and reside within the boundaries of Sulphur Springs Independent School District. Certain other criteria, including financial or special needs, must also be met.
To determine that criteria, the custodial parent or guardian for the applicant must bring the following items, if applicable, to ECLC between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, Feb. 19-22 to apply:
1. Proof of all household income, such as a 2012 tax return or W-2 forms, a paycheck stubs or military documents including a Leave and Earning Statement (military pay stub) and Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance military documents as well as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (food stamps), Social Security income and child support/alimony.
2. Proof of residency — a utility bill such an electric, water or gas bill with a physical address noted on it.
3. Applicant child’s birth certificate.
4. Applicant child’s Social Security card.
5. Applicant child’s up-to-date immunization record.
6. Current Medicaid, private insurance or CHIP card for the child/family, where applicable.
7. Food stamp card and case number, if applicable.
8. WIC card, if applicable.
9. Foster care information, if applicable.
10. Individualized Education Plan, referred to as IEP, if applicable.
11. Doctor’s notes concerning the applicant child’s allergies or other special health needs, if applicable.
12. Custodial documents or court orders, if applicable.
At the school, when all documents are presented, the applicants’ parent/guardian will be given a packet to complete. They will then schedule an appointment and complete all parts of the application at home. The completed application should be brought to the scheduled appointment. The parent/guardian will be advised whether the child has been accepted into the program and any further requirements/needs.
For further information about Head Start registration, call ECLC at 903-439-6170.
|< Prev||Next >|