Brashear looks like a fire has hit us. Dry and dying! Let’s all remember there are others who may not have the facilities to keep cool. Take the time to check on some of our older citizens to makesure they are keeping cool and out of the sun. If you know of anyone who might need help, please call. I am researching who or how we can help those who do not have air conditioning or fans to keep cool.
Just thinking of how lucky we are to live in Brashear. We have a community that is wonderful. Brashear people, the Brashear Baptist Church, and the community center are three things that make Brashear special. We are blessed to live here.
I want to send my sympathies to the Millsap Family on the death of Peggy Millsap. I met Peggy in the summer of 1992 while on jury duty. She made me feel so welcome to Brashear. We were in the process of building our house and she kept me informed on what was going on and how to meet people. She was also the substitute Post Master at the Post Office during that time too.
Pat Mallory is still setting up a TOUR BUS for the "Senior Trip to San Antonio" in October. This is a wonderful trip. Everyone has been begging for a trip. This one is affordable and sounds fun. Please call Pat Mallory if you are interested. We only have about two weeks more to get the tour bus full. Pat's Phone number is 903-885-0896 or 800-323-8568.
You are invited to a Free Mini Health Fair on Saturday, Aug. 14, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Birthright United Methodist Church located on FM 71 east of State Highway 19. Free hamburgers with all the trimmings will be served.
There will be lots of information from many different sources available. Booths at the health fair include:
- Texas AgriLife will be giving out information on diabetes
- Sulphur Springs Senior Center will be showing what is available for Seniors
- Medicine Chest will be talking about prescriptions
- At Home Health will be checking blood pressures
- Total Care will be checking oxygen levels
- AARP will be handing out information
- Visiting Angels will be telling about their program
- Sulphur Springs Health and Rehab will be telling what their facility has to offer
- Terrific Tuesdays will be telling about their respite program
- Hospice at Memorial will be giving out information
- Care Unit will be showing people what is available
- Wesley House will be talking about their facility
School beginning is just around the corner so want everyone to remember the school zones while be turning on their caution lights to prepare us. If you can help by buying some supplies for school, take them to CANHelp on Gilmer Street. They will be much needed with the economy the way it is now.
Happy birthday to Britney Caudle and Archie Stone, 8/12; Wanda Fowler, Farri George, Rebecca George and Vickie Peek, 8/14; Harlen Haynsworth, 8/16; and Benny Peek, 8/17.
|< Prev||Next >|