MOUNT VERNON –Hot vocals and the sounds of the big band era will awaken old memories and create new ones when Hale Baskin and her Jazz Addiction perform at Mount Vernon Music’s annual fundraising Gala on Saturday, August 24 at 7:00 p.m., 402 Leftwich St. in Mt. Vernon.
A young performer with an already astonishing career, Hale Baskin and her “little big band” will open MVM’s eighth season of concerts in Mount Vernon Music Hall. The evening will begin with a festive reception of food and drink by Key Club of Mt. Vernon, and will include MVM’s popular silent auction.
Tickets for this event are $25, $10 for children under 12.
Advance ticket sales are at both branches of First National Bank of Mt. Vernon, by calling Mount Vernon Music at 903-563-3780, or at the website www.mountvernonmusic.org.
Tickets also available at the door. Seating is limited.
Memberships that support MVM’s scholarship program for young musicians and outreach work for schools and seniors start at $25, and are good for the year June 1 through May 31. See website for details.
Mount Vernon Music is a 501(c)(3) organization formed in 2006 to further the performance of classical and other fine music in rural East Texas. For information on the mission and concert schedule of Mount Vernon Music, and about historic Mount Vernon Music Hall, please visit www.mountvernonmusic.org.
Complete 2013-14 MVM Hall concert dates, titles and performers are as follows:
* Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. –?Star pianist and Overton, TX native Ann Heiligman Saslav; Mark Miller and Elizabeth Elsner, violins; Ute Miller, viola; Craig Leffer, cello
* Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. – Texas Guitar Quartet in concert
* Sunday, Jan. 19, 2014 at 3 p.m. – Ron Clinton, piano recital
* Saturday, Feb. 2, 2014 at 3 p.m. – Soundscapes with Joel Schoenhals, piano; Mark Miller, Elizabeth Elsner, violins; Ute Miller, viola; Jeffrey Hood, cello
* Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 3 p.m. – Music of the Apocalypse with Richard Shuster, piano; Daryl Coad, clarinet; Mark Miller, violin; Sara Birnbaum Hood, cello; and readings from the Book of Revelation by Bro. Pepper Puryear
* Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. – Neuvo Tango! Latin Flair and Musical Passion with Mariano Dugatkin, bandoneon; Elizabeth Elsner and Mark Miller, violins; Ute Miller, viola; Craig Leffer, cello
* Monday, June 16, 2014 at 2 p.m. – Special FREE Summer Children’s Concert in collaboration with the Franklin County Library.
|< Prev||Next >|