LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rangers excitement

Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #693

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
The Stars are done and the Mavs are right behind them .... and of course we all know how the Cowboys disappointed us. Could it be that the Rangers will be the most exciting DFW team this year??

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think that this club is ready to compete for the World Series or even a playoff spot ..... but they are getting exciting.

Check out this lineup:

1B: Davis (with Smoak waiting in the wings)
2B: Kinsler (best player on the team and top 10 in AL)
3B: Young (his defense improves on the corner)
SS: Andrus (he's young .... but his talent is unbelievable)
LF: Murphy (I still think he is a mini-Rusty Greer)
CF: Hamilton (can he repeat? who cares, he's really good)
RF: Cruz (wow .. the numbers are still there this spring).
C: Salty and Teagarden (a great combo if they both stay)

Now the starting pitching is still worrisome (understatement) ... but with Millwood and Padilla pitching for contracts, they both could have decent years. McCarthy has looked great this spring, but you have to wonder if he can stay healthy. I like the Harrison kid -- he has the potential to be a number 4 starter. Feldman is better suited for long relief ....

But look what is in the minors and banging on the door: Feliz (stud); Holland (stud -- despite the doubters), Main (stud ... you'll see him in 2011 or before); Perez (stud) .... the list goes on and on. Add in young OFers Julio Borbon and Engel Beltre and young inf Johnny Whittleman (I still believe in him); Vallejo; and Marcus Lemon (we don't need to mention Smoak again) and the future just looks outstanding!

How great to actually get excited about pro baseball again in this part of the world!!!
:woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #709

I've got to admit that I'm drinking the Rangers' Kool-aid. With Nolan Ryan and Mike Maddox in charge of pitching decisions, I'm more optimistic about the pitching potential than I have been in a decade. I think we'll see Feliz and Holland in the majors sometime this year, and once they get here, they won't go back down.
As far the line-up, moving Young to third is a plus. Forget the Gold Glove he won this year, he doesn't have the range to be an elite shortstop defensively. I love his work ethic and attitude, but I think it will help the defense with Elvis at short. He'll flub some routine plays as he matures, but what a great talent.
Hopefully, Cruz's spring won't be a mirage. I think Davis will have a solid year, but it may not be enough to keep Smoak from taking over next year.

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #711

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
It's some tasty Kool-Aid!!!!

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #750

• townsend
  • Platinum Boarder
GO RANGERS!!!

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #892

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
It may be 1 game and they may lose the next 161, but man, what fun was Opening Day?? There are going to be some ups and downs and this team will probably struggle several times during the year, making most of us cuss more than once, but I like the make-up of these guys! And don't trade Marlon Byrd -- I think he may be the glue that keeps it all together! Just wait until a few more of the kids arrive (Holland, Feliz, Ramirez, Borbon, Smoak, Main, Perez) .......... this is gonna be one fun team to watch!!

Go RANGERS!!! WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME (I can dream, can't I)!!!!! :woohoo:

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #893

• FrootLoops
  • Expert Boarder
I'll bet you right now that the Rangers have a better record than the Yankees this season. They may not make the playoffs, but they are gonna make a push baby!! Count on it!

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #895

• Heffie1
  • Gold Boarder
Don't hold your breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B)
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #896

• FrootLoops
  • Expert Boarder
now Heffie, don't be negative!

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #897

• FrootLoops
  • Expert Boarder
By the way Heffie1, do you even know what sport the Rangers play?? I mean, that's a pretty silly looking flower under your name! :)

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #904

• Heffie1
  • Gold Boarder
I wouldn't say that, look at you Toucan Sam.
And yes I know what the Rangers play. Are you talking about the New York Rangers, you mean the full contact, aggressive sport. Oh no, I'm sure you probably meant the Texas Rangers (baseball) no contact, unmanly sport. :P
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #915

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Whoo that's funny, even though the Stars spanked the Rangers all the way back to NY:laugh: . Go Texas Rangers!!!!!:woohoo:

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #917

• Heffie1
  • Gold Boarder
Maybe, but wasn't that the (full contact, aggressive sport again).
:P

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #918

• FrootLoops
  • Expert Boarder
Ooooh ... the Flower Child throwin' out some smack! Very nice. Just sit back and watch. You'll be a Rangers fan in a couple of months -- but too bad we're gonna kick you off the bandwagon while your trying to hop on and leave you in the Ranger dust!!!

Go Rangers!! :silly:

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #930

To get back to some serious sports talk, the best thing about the Rangers' opening day victory was the seven strong innings by Kevin Millwood. The Rangers have to have a bell cow at the top of the rotation, and for Millwood to only give up one run in seven full is a great sign.

Re:Rangers excitement 5 years 5 months ago #931

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
Rangers are looking good again tonite. Fairly strong effort by Padilla and these hitters can flat out rake. I also LOVE the new white unis with the red hats/helmets ...... man they look good. Now if they can just keep on playing good!
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu