Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Warning

Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8513

• admin
  • Thank you received: 1
We continually have complaints about personal attacks and over-the-top responses on the mySSnews Forums. This is a warning to all. We encourage diverse discussion, but will not condone name-calling or other personal attacks. State your opinion. Let others state theirs. Many people no longer post here because they felt picked on. If I have to PM you more than twice about a harsh post, then you will get banned for a week. If there's any problem after that, you're banned permanently. Have a great day.
--
Forum Administrator
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8522

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
For all that don't know this is because of my response to one "Southernbaptist" for a personal attack on Roxysparkles.

Some of you would like to see me banned I'm sure but I'll stand up to misinformation till the very end. ;)
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Sammie.

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8523

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
i'm sure SB would be banned as well for name calling if it continues.....me personally, don't really want to see anyone tossed. i like the differences in opinion, but, not fond of the name calling.

and no. i did not go complaining. not my style. just observed the posts as they were posted.

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8524

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
i'm sure SB would be banned as well for name calling if it continues.....me personally, don't really want to see anyone tossed. i like the differences in opinion, but, not fond of the name calling.

and no. i did not go complaining. not my style. just observed the posts as they were posted

Didn't say you wanted me banned and sure hope you don't but I'm just not one to sit quietly while someone bashes another in a state of anger. I'll step in every time. ;)

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8528

• page
You can't go any where Sammie because who would keep JB in his place.

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8532

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
You can't go any where Sammie because who would keep JB in his place.

Doesn't look like JB needs as much oversight as SB. :huh:

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8533

• page
I must have missed it all.

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8536

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Just another debate gone awry. :laugh:

Re:Warning 5 years 2 weeks ago #8538

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
Just another debate gone awry

Naa. This was no debate just an (edited) on a roll.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Sammie.

Re:Warning 5 years 1 week ago #8566

• momof3
  • Platinum Boarder
Seems to me that an employee of NT was doing some of that lately. Admin let it go way too long for one of their own to be involved. That would have been some time behind closed doors in the big office at my work place.

You have to respect sammie, always the gentleman, to come to the help of someone in distress.

It is fun to gouge and poke on a subject, but I have always thought the personal attacks were uncalled for.

Re:Warning 5 years 1 week ago #8568

• Scott
momof3 wrote:
Seems to me that an employee of NT was doing some of that lately. Admin let it go way too long for one of their own to be involved. That would have been some time behind closed doors in the big office at my work place.

You have to respect sammie, always the gentleman, to come to the help of someone in distress.

It is fun to gouge and poke on a subject, but I have always thought the personal attacks were uncalled for.

Who was the NT employee involved in the personal attacks?? In fact, please PM me who it was and what forum it was in ASAP. Thanks

Re:Warning 5 years 3 days ago #8948

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
Personal attacks are very pervasive on the internet because people feel like they can say anything they want at any time without retribution. Well, that is not so. Not only can you lose your board privileges, you are subject to legal action if you say something about someone that is not true. And yes, they can find you. Even a teenager can trace you down. It is not that hard. My preference is to say nothing to a person online that you wouldn't say if they were standing in front of you. That will not eliminate all personal attacks, as some people go off on others in public quite often. But at least using this method would give you some form of standard to go by. Let me tell you, it is a hard thing to ignore an insult but I have done it often, but unfortunately I have done it the other way and all you do is escalate the entire confrontation. Best way to handle it? Relax and go to another topic.

Re:Warning 5 years 3 days ago #8951

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
The Bald Man and the Fly

There was once a Bald Man who sat down after work on a hot summer's day. A Fly came up and kept buzzing about his bald pate, and stinging him from time to time. The Man aimed a blow at his little enemy, but his palm came on his head instead;
again the Fly tormented him, but this time the Man was wiser and said:
"You will only injure yourself if you take notice of despicable enemies."
Last Edit: 5 years 3 days ago by sniper101.

Re:Warning 5 years 3 days ago #8952

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
docziggy Wrote:
Even a teenager can trace you down. It is not that hard.

When you find me, call me. I will buy you a beer. B)

Re:Warning 5 years 3 days ago #8956

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry, Sammie. I don't drink. It causes me all kinds of trouble with the medications I take. Plus, the medications are WAY better than a beer. :woohoo:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu