Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Rules ?

Forum Rules ? 10 months 2 weeks ago #17215

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:ohmy:
If you haven't noticed... and I find it difficult to believe that the Forum Monitors haven't... there seems to be some new forum members from China who are posting stores that are laced with links to commercial web sites.
These links usually have no relation to the "story".

Isn't there some rule about blatant advertising for the sake of advertising on this forum?

I can see including a link to something that is related to a post, but even that has it's limitations...

I'm beginning to think this forum has been hacked and the posts have nothing to do with the individual forum subject. They are just advertising and nothing else.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Forum Rules ? 10 months 2 weeks ago #17217

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
I agree with you. I just don't understand why this forum isn't monitored better. I still come on here every couple of days just to see if they've done anything about these posts and to see if anyone besides these 'hackers' are posting, but it seems I am wasting my time. I am about to give up on it and just delete my account all together. It's such a shame I really enjoyed it at one time. :(
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.

Re:Forum Rules ? 10 months 2 weeks ago #17218

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
I nominate Stan and Lighthouse for the post of permanent mods. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Re: Forum Rules ? 8 months 1 week ago #17279

• jennybaker
  • Fresh Boarder
To control spammers you should apply some policy. It will definitely work. I'm also new to this forum.

Thank you.

Re:Forum Rules ? 6 months 4 weeks ago #17294

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
They need to add a 'captcha' module.

Though there are some programs that can guess the captcha, it has come a long way.

The other option is 'volunteer' moderators. This works best in my opinion. I moderated some forums before and the spam-bots still get in. It's a constant battle.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu