Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Thieves in Sulphur Springs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thieves in Sulphur Springs

Thieves in Sulphur Springs 1 year 11 months ago #16334

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
I am appalled at the morons who are breaking into peoples homes and businesses here in Sulphur Springs. I also hope that the pawn shops are on alert as well.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by cduff. Reason: Ranting I suppose!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Thieves in Sulphur Springs 1 year 11 months ago #16338

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
I really don't understand the mentality of those who rob and steal. :( But it has been going on since the beginning of time and will continue until the end of days.

Pretty sad. :angry:

Re: Thieves in Sulphur Springs 1 year 11 months ago #16349

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
all i can say is they frustrate me as well. they drive costs up - stores have tom make up for the loss one way or another.

is it illegal to shoot a thief when they're caught in the act?

Re: Thieves in Sulphur Springs 1 year 11 months ago #16356

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
heartandmind wrote:
all i can say is they frustrate me as well. they drive costs up - stores have tom make up for the loss one way or another.

The way I understand it, if you feel your life is threatened, you can shoot. If they are just grabbing and running away --- no. But Heart, do you REALLY want to shoot another human?

I know I don't unless they are harming my family. They can have my stuff if it is so important to them --- stuff can be replaced - lives can't.

By the way, the wifey says we have to start setting alarm on the house. The cops better be ready cause that thing goes off everytime the wind blows!!! LOL

Re: Thieves in Sulphur Springs 1 year 11 months ago #16398

• Dodd
  • Fresh Boarder
Before i moved into my new home i was rob twice, things taken from my garage. as the holiday are approaching i know that robbery percent is just going to be going up and forget about the pawn shops they do nothing if you cant remember the numbers from your items, even if they may have markings that you can describe. It sad how crooked this world has become :(

Re: Thieves in Sulphur Springs 1 year 11 months ago #16404

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
jbourne wrote:
heartandmind wrote:

The way I understand it, if you feel your life is threatened, you can shoot. If they are just grabbing and running away --- no. But Heart, do you REALLY want to shoot another human?

I know I don't unless they are harming my family. They can have my stuff if it is so important to them --- stuff can be replaced - lives can't.

By the way, the wifey says we have to start setting alarm on the house. The cops better be ready cause that thing goes off everytime the wind blows!!! LOL
you're right - morally, i just can't bring myself to the point of shooting someone, particularly over 'stuff'.

particularly in light of the CT and OR shootings as of late, i fully realize what i wrote prior was in poor taste.

it just really deeply galls me that the thieves get away with so much theft, repeatedly. it does drive costs up dramatically.

maybe i'm on a bit of a phylosophical bent as of late, considering all the bad things happening...but what in the world is happening? there's so much disrespect of one another in so many ways. it's exhibited in so many ways, from the words we type in these style forums, to the way people drive, to actual harm to person or property. and for what? so that some people feel better about themselves so they start putting someone else down or harming them or taking their stuff?

i just can't wrap my heard or my heart around those deaths in CT and OR.

my aunt lives just a few blocks away from the mall in OR and had been there just the day before......that brings it home all the more to me. i've had a gun pointed at me in someone's road rage fit, i've lost a family member to an accidental shooting, had my apartment robbed in north dallas.....i'm just boggled by it all.

kind of spoils my Christmas spirit and douses my faith in humanity.

Re: Thieves in Sulphur Springs 1 year 11 months ago #16416

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone was about to break into our home a few weeks ago but ran away when they realized someone was home. It was the second attempt. We don't have all that much, but we do work hard for what we have and want to keep it. If they were healthy and strong enough to come to our house and literally run away, then I say they are fully capable of getting a job and buying there own things. Leave mine alone. It's not just the stuff they could have taken, it's the feelings we are left with of being victimized, and the question as to why did they target us and the fear of leaving our home when we need to.

The law states that if I am in fear of my safety or that of my property, I have the legal right to shoot. I hope I never have to, but if they show up again, I will be prepared. Done a bit of target practice and I will protect what is mine.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu