LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Election is past, here come the Holidays!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Election is past, here come the Holidays!

Re: Election is past, here come the Holidays! 1 year 8 months ago #16361

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Everyone has the Christmas lights up but us. Guess I better get them up today, tired of the complaining. Well if she wanted them up so early, why did she insist I take them down this summer? :P
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Election is past, here come the Holidays! 1 year 8 months ago #16364

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
i've got to start pulling out the stupid bins and boxes & at least get them into the garage. the dogs are going nuts in trying to wind around all the stuff - and so am i! my middle aged spread doesn't make ti very conducive to cramped spaces.

last night when i was on my knees stringing the lights on the last tree...kept hearing a "crunch" when i'd scoot a little bit. i'm a little afraid of what my knees might look like at this point. how do i explain to my doctor it was a tree trimming accident that did it? doesn't sound nearly as exotic as a soccer injury, does it? LOL.

Re: Election is past, here come the Holidays! 1 year 8 months ago #16368

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
I gave up stringing lights on trees a long time ago. I never had a "fake" tree growing up or in early adulthood (is that what they call this?), but a few years ago I about went nuts stringing lights. Now, if it doesn't already have lights, it ain't coming in the house. And if the lights go out, so does the tree.

I HATE stringing lights on a tree!! :angry:

Re: Election is past, here come the Holidays! 1 year 8 months ago #16371

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
jbourne wrote:
I gave up stringing lights on trees a long time ago. I never had a "fake" tree growing up or in early adulthood (is that what they call this?), but a few years ago I about went nuts stringing lights. Now, if it doesn't already have lights, it ain't coming in the house. And if the lights go out, so does the tree.

Stringing them isn't that bad. It's the getting them off the tree that makes me not want to put them on the tree in the first place.

Re: Election is past, here come the Holidays! 1 year 8 months ago #16374

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
inkeper wrote:
jbourne wrote:

Stringing them isn't that bad. It's the getting them off the tree that makes me not want to put them on the tree in the first place.

I'm just the opposite. I'd drag that tree out of the house, spilling water and needles along a winding path to the door, then once outside just rip the stinking lights off the tree.

But putting them on was horrible -- all those needles sticking you in the hand, scratches from the limbs and getting halfway up the stupid tree before realizing that you missed two branches below.

Not fun times. :angry:

Re: Election is past, here come the Holidays! 1 year 8 months ago #16375

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:(
Only artificial trees for us. One thing is cost. a good 8 foot douglas fur can go for over $250. (everything is shipped into Hawaii by container from Washington and Oregon) Also, about 12 or 13 years ago I was up at 4 AM on the first day the Christmas Trees go on sale and helping my wife picking them out. Hold this one up, drag that one out and hold it up...

With in an hour, every place the trees has touched my skin began to swell and turn colors. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Ended up spending the day in the hospital because I looked like a red and purple Michelin Man. Couldn't breathe.:blink:

It had never happened before... or since... (but don't tell my wife)
I'm not taking any chances.
I'm beginning to like artificial trees. :lol:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu