Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Savings Time 1 year 10 months ago #16181

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:unsure:
Just because Hawaii does not participate in DST does not mean we are not affected by it.....
Try always having to figure out time tables when traveling. It must drive the airlines wild. Suddenly our 2 hour layover in LA is 3 hours. or, heaven forbid, that one hour and 5 minutes we have to change planes is now only 5 minutes.

Then there are the phone calls. Is that office we need to call still open, or have they closed on the east coast already? Try getting a phone call at 4 in the morning: "What time is it there?" :ohmy:

I'm now re-programing the TV recording thing... every time you folks spring forward or fall back... it changes all the times when TV shows air here.
Same with radio shows. :blink:

Why do you guys on the Mainland do that DST stuff anyway.
:angry: :angry: :angry:
Sorry, not you Arizona. :blush:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Daylight Savings Time 1 year 10 months ago #16184

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
All I know is I sure am hungrier a lot earlier this week! :S

I never thought about the Hawaii thing ... that's gotta suck Stan!

Re: Daylight Savings Time 1 year 10 months ago #16188

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
Hey, Stan, I have to keep in mind that you guys haven't joined the clock turners when I call folks there. Are you 5 or 4 hours different than we are? Let's see, now it's 4 hours. I want to call someone when it's 9:00 a.m. here, but I can't because it"s 5:00 a.m. there. This is so frustrating. I then forget to call because I don't want to wake up someone! So I run into the same difficulty the next day. Maybe if I set an alarm to call my friends, that would help.

Re: Daylight Savings Time 1 year 10 months ago #16195

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
I do not like the daylight savings time changes. I wish they would just leave it alone. I understand why they did it, but it's not necessary anymore (at least I don't think it is). It takes me a couple of weeks to get adjusted when the time changes. :S
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu