LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SSNT: Sunday Comics

SSNT: Sunday Comics 2 years 3 hours ago #16101

• SmallTownGal
Where are the Sunday Comics? I've noticed for the last two weekend editions the Comics have been missing. I don't recall if I got them 3 weeks ago. My 11 year old son looks forward to this section every weekend! He has been very disappointed that we've not gotten this section. It's just funny that even though we are missing a section we still pay full price for the paper. Maybe I shouldn't have paid for my year in advance! I feel like I'm being cheated! Tsk Tsk for not even a notice! Not good business practices, SSNT! :angry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16102

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
You are right. We haven't gotten them in several weeks either. In fact the paper is now only 2 sections plus a couple of ads. I am just grateful when mine gets delivered since I get missed about once a month and sometimes more. :S
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16103

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
Three weeks with no color comics. Strange arrangement of regular articles. Missing ends of articles that are continued on other pages. "News" items and "new editorials" that are several days old.

Makes me consider two things:

1. Not renewing my subscription.
2. SSNT has hired the writers who write the channel 7 KLTV web page.

Seriously, SSNT if things do not get better, you will be losing several subscriptions.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16105

• SmallTownGal
Another weekend with no Sunday Comics and still paying full price. Another weekend with no explanation or response from the powers that be. What a load of crock, SSNT! Cheating your customers! You should be ashamed! I WILL NOT renew my subscription in February!

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16106

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, I'm guessing the Sunday Comics are finito. It's probably a cost cutting move. I enjoy them as well. :(

On a postive note, we have not missed the paper in four or five months. Our new carrier (a female) is fantastic. I think we may be the last house on her route too, so we would be easy to cut short. :)
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16107

I am an extremely long time subscriber as was my parents before me. Unless things improve, I will not renew my subscription.
Looks to me like the SSNT is headed to the same fate as our old Chevrolet dealership.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16108

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
After talking with my family, we have decided to renew our subscription but only on a trial basis. If things do not get better, I will only buy the weekend paper for local news only.

Things must improve all over. I do enjoy Terry Matthews dining experiences, but there is a lot more that I used to enjoy.

For example, today, Monday Sept. 9 editorial cartoon is about LAST Tuesday night's Dem. speech. ONE WEEK LATE! Same for the lead editorial opinion column. LATE! LATE! LATE!

I have read these in other papers already! Keep things current.

On a positive note: At least the obits are current. This summer I found out a local person died on a Wednesday and the funeral was for the next Monday morning. The obit was released on the Monday afternoon paper. So much for keeping the local public informed.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16109

• SmallTownGal
I find it very interesting that not a single person from SSNT has commented on this thread.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16111

• SmallTownGal
Glad my expectations weren't high this afternoon when my paper was thrown. My 11 year old, on the other hand......

Still no Sunday Comics. I really wish I hadn't paid for a year. Can I go to the newspaper office and get a refund? SSNT, YOU MAKE ME SICK! I HATE CHEATERS!
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by SmallTownGal.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 11 months ago #16112

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
You can get a refund. I did about a year or so ago when I was tired of not getting a paper every Saturday. However my 87 year old mother missed it so we tried it again after we got a new carrier. Now we only miss getting one a few times a month and we never know what day it will be, but as long as my mom wants to read it I guess I'll keep getting it for her.
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 10 months ago #16122

• Scott
Sorry for just now getting on this topic folks. I simply just missed it.

As for the comics, we lost our vendor and have not been able to secure another one at a cost that is manageable. We still have comics running daily in the News-Telegram - but I do understand that they are not the same (i.e., not in color or in their own section). I hate that this has happened because the comics have been a part of this newspaper ever since I can remember.

As for the missed papers, I really wish you would email or call me when that becomes a problem for you. We can't do anything about it if we don't know. You let me know there is a problem and I'll do everything I can to fix it.

As for the paper itself, I have to disagree with a couple of the comments. The paper - to me - is as good as it has ever been content-wise. There are more local stories in the paper right now than we have had in years ... it was a goal of ours to improve in that area and I think we have. Do we have some typos? Yes --- all papers do. You work with this many words on a daily basis and you will make a mistake here and there. We try hard to keep that from happening -- but it happens. As for the "old" news on the editorial page -- we try to give our readers a sampling during the week of what other newspapers are "talking" about. We also like to offer different opinions about certain topics. As far as the editorial cartoons go, we have to use syndicated cartoons just like other newspapers our size. If we got one in there that was too "old," I do apologize.

If you have ideas, thoughts or problems drop me an email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and I'll do my best to fix the problem and I'll certainly take the ideas. I email with a couple of posters of this board now and then and we usually get things straightened out.

Thanks for "listening" :silly:

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 10 months ago #16129

• SmallTownGal
I understand losing the vender and not being able to secure another but the fact that customers are still paying the same price for fewer sections is simply not right. The Sunday paper is no longer worth the $1.25 you are charging. The fact that there has not been a notification in the newspaper explaining the lack of color comics is not right. I'm sure there are people who don't get on the forum wondering where the color comic are. Just poor business practice, Scott.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 10 months ago #16130

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
Scott, thanks for keeping up with your readers.

As for the color comics, I just figured the paper needed to cut back on expenses.

Since I last posted, I have noticed a better timeliness in the world news. It has improved some since this summer. Just keep this up. You will not please everyone, but you can have a quality local newspaper for this town because I grew up reading it and know it is possible. Key phrase "local" --- but remember there are still people here who like to read current national and world events without buying a Dallas paper.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 10 months ago #16162

• SmallTownGal
We cancelled our subscription to the paper this week. I refuse to pay for a product that is not worth the price.

Re: SSNT: Sunday Comics 1 year 10 months ago #16164

• Scott
STG, could you send me an email please? This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu