LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 4 months ago #16054

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
Wow! There hasn't been this much activity on this forum in a long time. :silly:
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 4 months ago #16055

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
StanWright wrote:
Why am I thinking that lots of people are now going to sign up... just to drive up the cost of publishing all the names. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Controversial elections always were good business for the media - and Charles may have become the designated golden cash cow for this election..
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by dave_k60. Reason: typo

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 4 months ago #16056

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
Yes, but it is rather sad to think that this topic could be the thing keeping this going. To me it is out right bullying on Mr. Oxford's part. We are trying to keep our kids from this action, yet this older person is doing the same thing. He claims to be of faith, but I question that when he is in his threatening mode. I don't think our Holy Father would like that. Bullying is bullying. It doesn't make any difference what type of cover we try to place on it. Mr. Oxford is judging us for wanting to sign the petition, yet we are judging him for his actions. Liquor is in this town no matter what. It has been and will always be in this town. We might as well reap the benefits other communities are receiving and do some good things for the community.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 4 months ago #16057

• SmallTownGal
Mr. Oxford has obviously fallen out of his rocker and bumped his head one too many times. I did support him at one point and even had some very interesting conversations with him but he has lost all respect from me and never again will I place an "X" in the box next to his name. I think it's shameful that he has resorted to using threats and intimidation to scare people from signing a petition. I just wonder how many of the people who signed the petition did so after the ad was placed in the paper. I also wonder how many of those people even saw or knew of the ad.

I would be very interested in knowing what exactly the letter he sent out said.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 3 months ago #16067

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
Took a break for awhile due to a busy real life...LOL.

I finally could log back in. Had some difficulties at first with my password, then I'd get re-directed. It's finally fixed, though.

How's everyone been lately?

I'd noticed this thread & it reminded me to try & get re-activated.

I'm surprised that anyone would consider it a "threat" to have their name printed because they signed the pettition. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 3 months ago #16071

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I believe we all, in the most part, consider it a threat to have our names published. As previously stated, this action he is threatening, is consider out and out bullying. I have returned from a trip out of state, and was surprised to see in one Walmart that "hard" liquor was for sale. Not just wine and beer, but things like vodka, etc. It wasn't a full line, but it had the basics. That was so unusual for me to see; especially in a Walmart. Glad to see you back, h and m. This has been a thing to talk about because of the threats, whether idle or not. I wouldn't exactly like to see my name published, but I will not remove my name. Since I have been gone for a week, I had wondered if there still was discussion concerning this thread.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 3 months ago #16073

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess I understand how it'd be "bullying"....but what can come of it? What ramifications can happen to someone for standing up for this petition?

And, I do cheer on those that stand up to this type of bullying, please dont' misinterpret my words here. I just don't see what the guy can do to that's so bad - yes, publicizing the names...but is that really THAT embarrrasing? Or is there a darker element to SS I'm missing & don't see or hear? That maybe something sinister is lurking?

If that's the case....then....why wouldn't the police get involved?

Sorry, I'm a little ignorant (using the classic dictionary definition in this case of that word) of the whole scenario.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 3 months ago #16074

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I couldn't care less if he published my name. The obvious thing to me is, why would he take out an ad in the newspaper, and then say he intends to publish the names of citizens who signed a perfectly legal petition. That is also perfectly legal, just as reporting on how elected officials vote on councils, boards and legislative bodies. It appears t o me, however, that that he intended to intimidate those who signed.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by dave_k60.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 3 months ago #16076

• new2country
  • Senior Boarder
Who is Charles Oxford? I'm not involved in the daily to-do's of the social elite in Sulphur Springs (nor do I buy in to it's relevance in my daily existence), but I assume he's a preacher or from an upper crust family?

Secondly, what do you think the odds are that this passes in November? I know my store would like the boost in sales. I do not drink, myself, but I am not "high & mighty" enough to judge other people for doing so.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 3 months ago #16077

• SmallTownGal
He is not a preacher and he's not from an "upper crust family". He actually moved here from somewhere else (can't remember where) and he was on the city council for 1 term. He was the guy who caused the riff about fluoridation in the city water and several other hot topics. Basically, anything the city manager wanted or did Mr. Oxford was against.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 2 months ago #16092

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
SmallTownGal wrote:
Basically, anything the city manager wanted or did Mr. Oxford was against.

I think that is Charles Oxford in a nutshell.

Re: Charles Oxford's Ad In News Telegram 2 years 2 months ago #16097

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:woohoo:

Check this out...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu