Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 70 MPH Speed Limit

70 MPH Speed Limit 2 years 1 month ago #16026

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:)
So, what does everyone think of the new 70 MPH speed limit?
Is anyone going to slow down to 70 ?????
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by StanWright.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 70 MPH Speed Limit 2 years 1 month ago #16027

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
I think it went up to 75MPH. I don't think it is a good idea. People will now push the envelope and go 80 - 85. It only saves you a few minutes, cost more in gas and in lives. Bad idea in my opinion. :side:
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.

Re: 70 MPH Speed Limit 2 years 1 month ago #16034

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
lighthousecollector wrote:
I think it went up to 75MPH. I don't think it is a good idea. People will now push the envelope and go 80 - 85. It only saves you a few minutes, cost more in gas and in lives. Bad idea in my opinion. :side:

I agree. I believe it's a mistake on several levels, and I like to drive fast. Trouble is there are other vehicles on the road. :dry:

It might be a ruse to increase gas tax revenue or bending to the truck lobby.

I 35 between San Antonio and Dallas will be nutso (actually more nutso). :blink:
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: 70 MPH Speed Limit 2 years 4 weeks ago #16068

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
I absolutely HATE that stretch of road. Too much traffic - I'd almost think they need to widen I-35, at least for a 100 miles either side of Austin or even just between Austin and San Antonio.

That small of an increase in speed limit - not sure how much effect it would have anyway. Most times, when we're out of traffic prone areas, we're speeding anyway. Most time when we're on the road it's for extended length drives, say about 5 hrs or longer. When I'm in cities, yes, I stick to the speed limits (unless the flow's going faster, then I try to negotiate the road safely with the flow).

Re: 70 MPH Speed Limit 2 years 3 weeks ago #16072

• crazytxmom
  • Fresh Boarder
I think my speedometer must be broken... because I drive the speed limit (I cannot afford a ticket!) and I see more people driving below the speed limit than driving above it. I drive 75 mph along I-30 and I pass a lot of people. Not many people pass me.

I drive along Hwy 19 between Sulphur Springs and Cooper on a regular basis (on my way to Paris) and every single time, I encounter at least one person who is going around 60 or less (speed limit is 70)... which frustrates me because traffic coming the other way is usually too heavy for me to pass them, and it adds a few minutes to my drive time. I don't always have time to leave a few minutes early in case I encounter a slow driver, so I've been late to work meetings or class at PJC a couple times because of this!

Where are all these speeders everyone reports seeing? I see a small percentage of people speeding, but other people act like everyone else on the road drives like they're on the Autobahn...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu