Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Texas Licence Plate

Texas Licence Plate 2 years 9 months ago #15878

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:)

I was driving down Waikiki today and saw a white pick up truck with a Texas licence plate... only thing was... it had 7 numbers and letters instead of 6.
Never saw one like it before... Is this something new for Texas?
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Texas Licence Plate 2 years 9 months ago #15880

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
What surprises me is that they were able to drive that thing all the way to Hawaii. That is a good vehicle right there.

Re: Texas Licence Plate 2 years 9 months ago #15881

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, it started a while back while the guy was at a California beach. He found this glass bottle and when he rubbed the sand off a Genie appeared and granted him 3 wishes... He chose lots of money and a new truck.

For the 3rd wish he said: "I've always wanted to visit Hawaii, but I'm afraid to fly and I get seasick on ships. Could you build a bridge from the Mainland to Hawaii so I could drive there?"

The Genie said it was impossible, what with the permits, unions, contractors, the environmentalists, the distance.....
Isn't there anything else you'd like to wish for?

"Well", the guy said... "I always wanted to understand women. What makes them tick. Why do they cry and what makes them happy?"

The Genie thought for a second and said: "Would you like that a 2 lane or a 4 lane highway?"
:silly:

Re: Texas Licence Plate 2 years 9 months ago #15883

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:)

New General Issue Plate

The new general issue plate, called the "Lone Star Texas" plate, was selected by the public through an online e-Vote. It features seven characters and is the state's first digitally-produced, full-color general issue plate.

For more information, read our new general issue FAQs.

The design includes the Lone Star and colors of the Texas flag, along with the Davis mountain range. The new plate will be issued to new vehicle purchasers and to vehicle owners with license plates seven years or older.

Why are we getting a new general-issue license plate?
We all know Texas is big, but it's getting even bigger. Our state's population increases by roughly 1,000 people every day. As a result, we have run out of the alpha-numeric license plate patterns for the six-character plate. The new general-issue plate displays seven-character combinations.

How many years did it take to run out of license plate patterns?
It took us 33 years to exhaust the six-character combinations.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu