Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gonna Try it Again...

Gonna Try it Again... 2 years 10 months ago #15860

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
Well, I resubscribed to the paper delivery again. Tried it online, but my mom doesn't use the computer and really missed the paper. We decided to try it for one month to see if the carrier has gotten any more dependable. Sent my subscription in online ,for home delivery, on Friday, didn't get a paper today, but maybe it takes a few days to get it going. I am hoping for the best.
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Gonna Try it Again... 2 years 10 months ago #15861

• grasshopper
  • Expert Boarder
GOOD LUCK!
I finally let my rual paper subscription expire last month for a lot of the same reasons. I've been through all the "feel good" process with the carriers and the newspaper reps. for the last two years, and feel that it's just NOT worth the trouble and bother any more. If you've got a good carrier, treasure him/her. All the rest is just B.S. lip service.

Re: Gonna Try it Again... 2 years 10 months ago #15862

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:)
Call if you don't get your paper... call... Call... CALL.
Call the paper, call the carrier, call the letters to the editor, call the radio station.
Shouldn't take too long for service to improve.
But then us retired folks don't have anything better to do than throw gas on the fire. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re: Gonna Try it Again... 2 years 10 months ago #15867

• grasshopper
  • Expert Boarder
Like I said:
I got tired of having to call and just let the subscription expire. If you have a good carrier, then great, but I'm sick and tired of having to check any and everything (including the paper carrier!), to see it's done correctly! Actually, it's just one less thing to deal with on a pretty much constant basis. After the "obits", land transactions, and drunk/drug arrests, there isn't much real news printed in it anyway. Again, Good Luck.

Re: Gonna Try it Again... 2 years 10 months ago #15871

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
Still waiting for my first paper to be thrown...
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.

Re: Gonna Try it Again... 2 years 10 months ago #15872

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
Contacted the paper this morning. Found out they thought I signed up for online. Strange though, I paid for one month home delivery, received a receipt from them for 'home delivery', but no paper so far. And I never received online delivery either. Anyway thanks to Kristi, I am supposed to start getting it today...

Re: Gonna Try it Again... 2 years 10 months ago #15873

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
Yay! My paper came. Sad isn't it? That a grown person can get so excited about a paper you can read front to back in less than 3 minutes. :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu