LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More!

Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15743

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
To the sweet lady(white Camry) that stopped on Camp Street and helped me pick up all of my trash, that 'someones' dogs had scattered all over my street this morning.......that was a total and shocking display of kindness, especially on the kind of morning that I was having! You took me by surprise!!!I was already running late, thank you so very, very much! You are an awesome person! You didn't have to help and at least 3 other cars drove right on by. I'm sure they were saying, "Gosh, I hate when that happens!" Not you though! :silly: You get all the thumbs up I can give!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15747

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
Good story.

Yes, we all have to ask ourselves if we would have stopped and helped. :dry:
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re:Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15749

Hey, cduff. Would it be alright to mention this in my column, "There's something good here ... " this week? I love stories like this! Thanks for sharing.

Re:Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15751

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
:ohmy: Of course, it actually brought tears to my eyes that morning, as I had been having a couple of pretty rough weeks prior to that. One thing after another it seemed!
Upon walking out that morning and seeing the trash everywhere.....I was like, "Really? What else?" Cars were driving over the trash as I was picking it up. She pulled over and I thought what is she doing? I'm certain I told her thank you more than once and told her that she didn't have to help(as the trash was gross) but she insisted. I failed to get her name and have no clue who she was, but would really like her to know that it really touched me and renewed my belief that good people do still exist and not everyone looks at things like 'what's in it for me'. I was in 'shock/awe' most of the day and wishing I had gotten her name that morning, but in the rush I had failed to do so.
BTW.......She was an angel.......I'm pretty sure of it! The car was very clean and pristine white you know! Before she pulled away, I did notice the Toyota emblem though! LOL! She has no idea what it meant to me and my friends on FB thought it was great as well. Whoever she was, she reminded me to pay it forward the next chance I get! Big hugs angel in the white camry!

Dramatic I know......but it brought me out of my negative thinking too!

Re:Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15752

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
Let me know, so I can read the column please and I agree there is something good here.

Re:Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15753

I've got it planned for tomorrow's paper. It should run, unless there's a murder on the courthouse steps at high noon ... :-) Thanks for sharing. Isn't it nice how angels know just when to show up? :-)

Re:Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15754

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
Yepper! Thanks. Ya'll did the story about my ring at Cooper too. We all need to hear good stories!

Re:Faith Renewed In Kind People Once More! 2 years 11 months ago #15755

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
Great story cduff! Thanks for sharing!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu