LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Map of 2 way traffic?

Re: Map of 2 way traffic? 3 years 4 months ago #15654

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I drove from College Street, around the square, south on Gilmer up to Brookshires, then left Brookshires, went down Oak Avenue, around the square and then down College Street again. This was about 4:30 and I didn't have any problems. Maybe we cried before we spilled the milk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Map of 2 way traffic? 3 years 4 months ago #15655

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I went up Oak Avenue Sunday afternoon, got caught in the detour around and was totally confused. There wasn't much traffic, but enough to make me unsure of my self so I left with bad opinions.

I'm really trying to keep a positive attitude towards this, so I tried it again this morning at 5:30. There was only one other car there. I went up College, cut across and out Connally, back up Main and across to go out College again. It was much better.

I'm sure I will eventually get more comfortable with it, but I can see where there will be problems when traffic is heavier and people aren't really sure where they are going, and also when they get too comfortable. With all of the stop signs and left turns against traffic, I can easily picture an increase in accidents.

I don't think I would want to work, or be a business owner downtown. I'm not going to say I won't travel the square, but I will very carefully pick my times, and it won't be during a busy time of day.

Re: Map of 2 way traffic? 3 years 4 months ago #15656

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
It's really no different than it was prior to the streets going one-way in the early 80s. So the square is two-way. I think we can all figure it out. Way too much whining. :P

Re: Map of 2 way traffic? 3 years 4 months ago #15657

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
jbourne wrote:
It's really no different than it was prior to the streets going one-way in the early 80s. So the square is two-way. I think we can all figure it out. Way too much whining. :P

AMEN Jbourne

Re: Map of 2 way traffic? 3 years 4 months ago #15658

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
Having those big orange barrels is a GOOD idea; it is a good reminder of the two-way traffic. To those in charge of this project, I give you a shout of cheer for helping us idiots. :cheer: :woohoo:

Now onto the bad side. To all of those who think that two days is a good indicator of future performance: just wait, the stupidity of ourselves and our neighbors will show up in the end. (I am including myself in that everbody category) :blush:

As noticed Monday, Sulphur Springs residents still do not get the concept of an all-way stop, much less stop signs in general. Of the four times I went across from Church St to Gilmer and back, there was at least one car per my trip who either did not stop at a stop sign or stopped last in turn and drove off first with the other driver having to stop in the middle of the intersection to avoid a wreck.

So, my conclusion is this: when construction is finally finished there will be more wrecks due to the fact of people in this town not stopping according to the law.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu