Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Poll: Wedding question

Re: Poll: Wedding question 3 years 2 months ago #15552

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
stan, i don't know about you, but i'd be missing some of those "little debbie" snacks, specifically those with the peanut butter, the wafers and encased in chocolate......got a serious weakness for them! :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Poll: Wedding question 3 years 2 months ago #15553

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
You go to enough weddings and you see all kinds of things. :laugh:

I do see a few of those Cup Cake wedding cakes, even at large weddings these days.

Everyone says: "You should write a book."... but why do that when I can turn on the TV and watch "Bridezilla"?
:woohoo:
Man, I tell you, I've met everyone of those Bridezillas over the years. That's the weddings I can do without. :S
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re: Poll: Wedding question 3 years 2 months ago #15557

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
StanWright wrote:
I've been photographing weddings for over 40 years. The trend now days is couples are older before getting married,,, in their late 20 or early 30s.
They are employed and usually living on their own. They are also having much smaller weddings and paying for everything themselves.

Most weddings these days are small and are held at sunset, outdoors on the beach.
$295 includes Minister, Photographer, Flower Leis, and "Hug Me" gift.
Total time less than 45 minutes.

Instead of huge weddings with a $299 wedding cake. $1000 in flowers,
$1500 photo package. $350 location rental. wedding gown, bridesmaid gowns, reception, food caterer..... and on $$,and on $$,and on $$$....
Find a Judge or JP, Invite the family, and make it legal. :)
Then go to a nice restaurant.

Couples these days are saving the money they would normally spend on the wedding and investing in a vacation or buying a home.

Well described there, Stan. I know couple in San Antonio that spent $45,000 of her parents dinero on the WEDDING and were divorced five years later. :S
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: Poll: Wedding question 3 years 2 months ago #15575

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Call me tight but I wouldn't pay for it either.

There is a really large generation of "gimme" kids out there and parents are the ones creating them.

Re:Poll: Wedding question 3 years 2 months ago #15577

Seems to be about 50/50 on the vote. My vote was more a moral thing than a financial - 'keep the peace' thing. I'm assuming those responding voted on the moral aspect too. Funny... our last presidential election turnout was close to 50/50 too. hmmm

Re:Poll: Wedding question 3 years 2 months ago #15584

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I would have to base my decision on the relationship that exists now as well as finances. I don't think any one should go into debt for a wedding. There are so many options for nice weddings on a budget. The most important thing is that all parties involved love and accept each other as family. In reality, since they have lived together and have a child, they are already family. A wedding only makes it legal and is a celebration for the public. It's just my opinion, but if the couple states their own vows to God, then they are married in God's eyes. I don't really think any minister or judge could outdo him.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu