LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion "There's Something Good Here" stories
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "There's Something Good Here" stories

"There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15504

• SmallTownGal
Just curious. How do you come across some of the things in the articles? Is it just things that you know are going to run in the paper or what?

The reason I ask is because I want to acknowledge someone but I don't know his name. He lives on the corner of Bill Bradford Rd and Lemon Dr. I think it's a little red brick house. Anyway, almost every day he sits in his driveway and he waves at almost everyone who drives by. I've made it a point to wave at him every time I drive by his house and I'm sure that my smile is just as big as his. There have been many days where I've just had a horrible day, for one reason or another, and when I see him my day gets better. There was a week where he wasn't outside and I really missed his wave and smile.

I know that he's just one man in a town of many but there's no telling how many people he's made happy by just a single wave.

I would love to know his name, if anyone knows.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:"There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15505

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
STG: This is EXACTLY the kind of thing that makes it to my column. Thanks for submitting it ... I love it. Watch for it on Friday ... :-)

Re: "There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15507

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
AJ,

How about Officer Glenn on the SSPD. Friendly while patrolling Church St watching out for inconsiderate drivers who buzz through Lamar school area during school hours. Also, he has been a big help on keeping big trucks off the square. :cheer:

Re: "There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15508

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
I love it. Will add it to my list. Thanks, K2J.

Keep 'em coming.

Re: "There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15512

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
both of these are great examples of why it's wonderful to live in a small town! enough to put a smile on my face even though i haven't been lucky enough to have experienced these fine people.

Re: "There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15513

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
H&M. We hear/read/see so much bad news. Doing this column is a way to remind everyone how lucky we are to have such good things happening around us. :-)

Re:"There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15518

• SmallTownGal
ArtsJunkie wrote:
STG: This is EXACTLY the kind of thing that makes it to my column. Thanks for submitting it ... I love it. Watch for it on Friday ... :-)

Anxiously awaiting the paper tomorrow. I really hope this man gets the paper. Thanks, AJ!

Re:"There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15519

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
SmallTownGal wrote:
ArtsJunkie wrote:

Anxiously awaiting the paper tomorrow. I really hope this man gets the paper. Thanks, AJ!

It's there. Luis has been by the intersection several times since your post, but has missed getting a photo. He's going to try again in the morning. Thank YOU for suggesting him. Isn't it great to have someone like this in the world, making a difference in our lives every day? :-)

Re:"There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15520

• SmallTownGal
ArtsJunkie wrote:
SmallTownGal wrote:
ArtsJunkie wrote:

It's there. Luis has been by the intersection several times since your post, but has missed getting a photo. He's going to try again in the morning. Thank YOU for suggesting him. Isn't it great to have someone like this in the world, making a difference in our lives every day? :-)

He typically sits outside between 2 and 4. Every once in a while I'll catch him out earlier.

It is great to have someone like him in this world. He really is a bright spot in my day. =)

Re:"There's Something Good Here" stories 3 years 4 months ago #15558

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
I'll tell Luis ... 2 to 4 ... Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu