Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Private Messages

Private Messages 3 years 6 months ago #15498

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Administrators,

Many of us have sent pm's to you that seem to always go unnoticed. Would everyone on here check every once in a while to see if you have one. I sent pm's to several admins and I gave up after they were not read for over a month. I have even e-mailed the paper and never get the read receipts. I'm starting to think this may be personal, or the paper doesn't want any input from users.

If you guys want people to use your forums, sometimes a response would be nice, or at least you could have the courtesy of reading them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Private Messages 3 years 6 months ago #15500

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, Snipey. Check your messages. :-)

Mea cuplea.

I'm so sorry I didn't see your message. On other boards, a pop up box lets me know when there's something in the inbox, but not here. I just flat missed it.

I'm going to show your post to Scotty and Davy (our tech guru) in the morning.

Again, I'm sorry I missed your message. I'll do my best to be more aware in the future.

T
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by terrymathews.

Re: Private Messages 3 years 6 months ago #15506

• admin
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey, Sniper. Nothing personal at all. The PM box seems to be buried on the page and like Terry said, we just missed it. Sorry about that. I'm going to set it up to where the PMs forward to our email addresses as well. We definitely have too many irons in the fire here, but that's no excuse. We want to be there for our readers. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
--
Admin

Re: Private Messages 3 years 6 months ago #15510

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry guys, I overreacted. Working on that. (Removing foot from mouth as I type.)

Good idea forwarding the pm's to the mailboxes. I also realize the problems that can be encountered with mail servers, since mine was being flagged as potential spam due to not running "proper" anti-virus software for windows users and the receiving servers kept kicking it back. The learning curve is quite big on that part, along with iptables.

Still a poweruser, inches away from guru status. lol.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu