LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Retail Center

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15283

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Not vietnamse or thai, but have you tried The Little Chef in Cooper? Great mediterranean salad with lamb ... the owner is from Lebanon ... his father was Italian. Great breakfast, too. :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15284

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Yes, on the Little Chef. I don't know any place here to get those great breakfast omelets or Eggs Benedict and those wonderful homemade hash browned potatoes. His Reuben sandwich is also one of my favorites.

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15285

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
Good thing I checked the site tonight. I'm going to Cooper tomorrow to the Delta County fair - I will make it a point to go to the little chef. You flung a cravin' on me for eggs benedict for breakfast and a reuben for lunch. Thanks!

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15286

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
ArtsJunkie wrote:
Not vietnamse or thai, but have you tried The Little Chef in Cooper? Great mediterranean salad with lamb ... the owner is from Lebanon ... his father was Italian. Great breakfast, too. :-)

By the way - GREAT article about Carol Allen and the program she is putting on this weekend. The cantata is stunning! Very beautiful and moving. There are no electric guitars, amps etc. Beautiful music performed by a wonderful choir and a great director. I hope everyone gets a chance to see and hear it.

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15287

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
My grandson and I went to the Little Chef in Cooper today. I was very impressed with breakfast. I had the Eggs Benedict, which I had not had in years - it was excellent, with a terrific hollandaise sauce. Home fries were very good. I told Elias, the chef/owner, that I loved Middle Eastern food, and he promised me that he could "take requests" if I called before hand. I will have some sharma lamb, falafel, salad, flat bread and baba ganoush. Haven't decided yet on the desert, but it will be something with honey.

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15288

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, Dave. I had the Eggs Benedict yesterday. I like my sauce a little more dense and fluffy, but they were good. I think a bunch of us should get together and ask Elias for a "Middle Eastern" night ... add tabouli to your list and it's perfect ... maybe he knows how to make baklava. :-)

Thanks for the comment on the new choir. I'm going to do my best to make it. :-)

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15289

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I am so glad you enjoyed the Little Chef. I don't like the phrase, but "I told you so". I have tried various omelets and have enjoyed every last one of them. One day I wasn't feeling very well and I had a bowl of the best potato soup I had ever tasted. Needless to say, I was feeling much better when I left. I am so glad a dear friend told me about this place. It will be a favorite for a long time. We even saw a deer on our return trip last night. We come back along the dam road. The saddest thing about that route is watching the water receding farther and farther from the shore. Our lake is shrinking.

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15290

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
ArtsJunkie wrote:
Hey, Dave. I had the Eggs Benedict yesterday. I like my sauce a little more dense and fluffy, but they were good. I think a bunch of us should get together and ask Elias for a "Middle Eastern" night ... add tabouli to your list and it's perfect ... maybe he knows how to make baklava. :-)

Thanks for the comment on the new choir. I'm going to do my best to make it. :-)

I'm in!

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15291

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave, go for the baklava...
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15297

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I sure will, Stan. It's always been one of my favorites.

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15300

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
Vietnamese food? Middle Eastern food?

God I need a good steak today!!! B)

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15302

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
jbourne wrote:
Vietnamese food? Middle Eastern food?

God I need a good steak today!!! B)

JB - have you tried out the Double C Steakhouse and Saloon in Winnsboro? I have been there several times and every time the steak was excellent. Service is OK, and the prices are competitive.

Also, I have heard that the B&B Steakhouse, ( formerly K-Bobs) is reopening under new ownership and management.

By the way - I have had excellent steaks at San Remo, but you have to ask because they are not on the menu. And also Lou Viney had a good steak.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by dave_k60. Reason: added another sentence

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15303

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Steaks are great, but a good steaming bowl of pho can be awesome. Vietnamese coffee is in a class all its own. Love it!!
So, can lamb, roast vegetables Middle Eastern style, great flat breads, and the baklava for dessert.

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15305

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
muu wrote:
Steaks are great, but a good steaming bowl of pho can be awesome. Vietnamese coffee is in a class all its own. Love it!!
So, can lamb, roast vegetables Middle Eastern style, great flat breads, and the baklava for dessert.

I love Pho! There are lots of pho cafes opening up all over Dallas - especially in the Little Saigon area of Garland.

As to the lamb etc - I vote we get a delegation and go over to the Little Chef's for a Middle Eastern meal. I bet he'd love to put on a feast.

I vote for Arts Junkie to organize it.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by dave_k60. Reason: added another sentence

Re: New Retail Center 3 years 6 months ago #15307

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Count Muu in!
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu