Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Swimming Pool to Close.

Swimming Pool to Close. 3 years 8 months ago #15132

• StanWright
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
We've seen the headlines, and read what the paper is legally able to print....
Come on someone... pleas tell us "the rest of the story".
What's really going on?
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Swimming Pool to Close. 3 years 8 months ago #15133

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
in 2009 there was a child that was seriously hurt at the city swimming pool. the child was in a coma for quite some time from what i gather...beyond that, i don't know what happened. the accident was reported in the paper because that's where i got my information from.

www.myssnews.com/news-telegram/news/5273...on-life-support.html
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by heartandmind. Reason: added link to story in paper

Re:Swimming Pool to Close. 3 years 8 months ago #15135

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
That's got to be what the lawsuit was about. I'll have to check and see who the specific defendants were in that suit. It's possible there were some personnel issues.

Re:Swimming Pool to Close. 3 years 8 months ago #15136

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
I am so sad this is happening! Will affect a lot of children, a lot of groups that hold parties there. There aren't a lot of alternatives for some people to be able to take their kids to swim.

With that said, does anybody recommend the fitness center on the service road as a good place for kids to swim?

Re:Swimming Pool to Close. 3 years 8 months ago #15141

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
tjs wrote:
I am so sad this is happening! Will affect a lot of children, a lot of groups that hold parties there. There aren't a lot of alternatives for some people to be able to take their kids to swim.

With that said, does anybody recommend the fitness center on the service road as a good place for kids to swim?

Yes - it will affect a lot of children. There is a beach at Cooper Lake State Park - and I think the water is pretty clean. I am not sure, but I don't think there's a lifeguard at the fitness center. Better check. I have a feeling lots of our churches will take up some of the slack.There's also the bowling alley and roller skating ring, but when the kids and grandkids say "there's nothing to do" - there may be some truth in that. Sports for most kids ends in June. Kids will have to have fun the old fashioned way. Play outside with their friends. Or else, ( perish the thought) stay inside and play video games all summer.

Re:Swimming Pool to Close. 3 years 8 months ago #15144

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
This is not the first incident of this sort at the pool. The design of the pool was apparently so faulty that it could not be fixed. That is a sad shame because I spent many summers out there swimming in the pool. It was an atmosphere like no other on a 100 degree day. The lifeguards were always helpful to little kids but there is only so much that can be done with the powerful intake that is required for that design of a pool. In these lean financial times I doubt we will see a new one built anytime soon.

Re:Swimming Pool to Close. 3 years 7 months ago #15334

• crazytxmom
  • Fresh Boarder
dave_k60 wrote:
There is a beach at Cooper Lake State Park - and I think the water is pretty clean.

Have you been there lately? I was there 2 weeks ago. The water level is low, and it's a good 30-foot walk from the "sandy" shore to where the edge of the water is now, and it's nasty, sticky, wet clay there. My kids were sinking in the mud, and were covered in mud when they got out. Very gross. You can actually walk to that "steel wall" there and not even get your shoulders wet. It's been so dry lately, we need a lot of good, heavy rains before that swimming area is going to look decent again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu