Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Buffet Restaurant in SS

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15082

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
SmallTownGal wrote:
dave_k60 wrote:
I saw a large billboard on Gilmer today advertising the Lakeside Buffet. They must be getting about ready to open. I'm pretty sure it is Chinese - or maybe "Asian" - I wouldn't mind seeing some Thai, Korean, Japanese or Vietnamese on the buffet.

I drove by Lakeside Buffet this morning and noticed two unlit neon signs in the front window that said Sushi and Grill. Should tell you what kind of restaurant that's going to be.

I'm curious about what else is going in in that building. I noticed a drive through window on the far west end of the building. I've heard Subway is going in that one but I really hope not.

Gal - a worker at Subway told me they were moving there.

Maybe the drive-thru is for another drug store. There's a real shortage of those in Sulphur Springs, too.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by dave_k60. Reason: typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15084

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
dave_k60 wrote:
SmallTownGal wrote:
dave_k60 wrote:
I saw a large billboard on Gilmer today advertising the Lakeside Buffet. They must be getting about ready to open. I'm pretty sure it is Chinese - or maybe "Asian" - I wouldn't mind seeing some Thai, Korean, Japanese or Vietnamese on the buffet.

I drove by Lakeside Buffet this morning and noticed two unlit neon signs in the front window that said Sushi and Grill. Should tell you what kind of restaurant that's going to be.

I'm curious about what else is going in in that building. I noticed a drive through window on the far west end of the building. I've heard Subway is going in that one but I really hope not.

Maybe the drive-thru is for another drug store. There's a real shortage of those in Sulphur Springs, too.

Our sensors are picking up a note of sarcasm. Can you confirm? :ohmy:
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15085

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
Gabrovic wrote:
dave_k60 wrote:
SmallTownGal wrote:
dave_k60 wrote:

Our sensors are picking up a note of sarcasm. Can you confirm? :ohmy:

uh oh - caught again, dang! I am, however carrying license, proof insurance and most recent tax statement.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15086

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
Dave said:

uh oh - caught again, dang! I am, however carrying license, proof insurance and most recent tax statement.

Ve are keeping an eye on yu. Ve haf ways uf making yu talk. (:>)
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15089

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
Sushi = Bait

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15090

• pugsleyj58
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been told that this is a small chain owned by a Chinese family hence the reason it is named Lakeside (since it isn't really beside a lake!). Sure hoping it will offer some different items than are already available in the already established Chinese food restaurants in town!

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15091

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
pugsleyj58 wrote:
I've been told that this is a small chain owned by a Chinese family hence the reason it is named Lakeside (since it isn't really beside a lake!). Sure hoping it will offer some different items than are already available in the already established Chinese food restaurants in town!

I looked inside and in addition to the buffet lines - it had a section marked "Grill". Maybe they will do steaks or something Japanese style. I guess I'll find out when they open.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15092

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
i'm hoping that it's better than the other chinese / asian places in either SS or even greenville. every one of them that i've tried have been really lacking in food quality. that one in greenville made me sick the last 2 times we ate there...ugh. sadly, mom loves any chinese buffet....ick.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15093

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
Apparently the new restaurant will have it's grand opening on Friday, and in addition to the regular chinese buffet, will have a sushi bar and a "Mongolian Grill". I hope it's like the Ghengis Grill in Rockwall.

By the way - I saw an ad in the paper the other day for a downtown restaurant for sale. Anyone know about that?

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15095

• SmallTownGal
dave_k60 wrote:
By the way - I saw an ad in the paper the other day for a downtown restaurant for sale. Anyone know about that?

That would be LouViney's. I Googled the number and it came back to a business brokerage firm. I found their website and the add and it went a little more into detail than what the ad said. I have no idea why it's selling, though.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15096

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I'm sorry to hear that. I thought they were doing well - the food was good and I didn't think it was too expensive. Wonder what else would work over there. Maybe downtown, despite all the money that's gone into revitalization, is not really attractive to new restaurants or businesses.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15106

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I ate at the new Lakeside Buffet today. I was impressed. I thought the food was very good, seemed to be freshly prepared and was hot. They also had a Mongolian BBQ set up. It was $8.39 for ayce at dinner. Plus a 10% discount for those of us over 60.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15130

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
After a second visit I now classify it as "average".

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15131

dave_k60 wrote:

I agree on the buffet being average, but I really like the "fresh bar" where I can load up on veggies, spices and they cook it they way you want it.

I'll prolly stick to the boiled shrimp, sushi and wok items.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15134

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
ArtsJunkie wrote:
dave_k60 wrote:

I agree on the buffet being average, but I really like the "fresh bar" where I can load up on veggies, spices and they cook it they way you want it.

I'll prolly stick to the boiled shrimp, sushi and wok items.

sounds like a good plan. I will probably do that too - although, in all fairness - i went today again( love oriental food0 and ordered something to go off the menu - that was very good. Sometimes I think Chinese food is not meant to be served buffet style.
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu