Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion New Buffet Restaurant in SS
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Buffet Restaurant in SS

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14811

• Queen Bee
  • Senior Boarder
I wish we had a restaurant where you could order ANYTHING.. Like
Vegetables, etc... My husband doesn't like Cafeteria Food or Burtons..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14812

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
phurrchild wrote:
Hey, Dave is that I or II Corinthian? Like your humor. There is a very good Viet. restaurant in Rockwall called Rice Paper. Why we are on this eatery subject, what's up w/ the restaurant that seems to be coming to the location that always seems to burn? {Near the Bowling Center) I noticed a couple of wks ago that something was coming there; something to do w/ BBQ and open 24 hours.?! Wow.

I saw that too, but had forgotten about it. Maybe they figure if they keep it open around the clock, they can catch the fires and get them put out quicker. I know, that was tacky. I hope they will do well.

I had really hoped that the Lakeside Buffet would be American cuisine that would satisfy vegans as well as meat lovers. We really do need something like that.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14813

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
We had a nice steakhouse in Cumby, The Billboard House, But it was kind of pricey. But it was a sit down order off the menu place. Problem was lack of support from the community. An area of our size doesn't have the population to support a non chain fine dining establishment that you are speaking of. People with the land in the right location want top dollar. Then there is the building itself. The fixed costs are high, food cost, labor, all the equipment, the list goes on and on, it isn't cheap. How many times a month would you be willing to spend nearly $60.00 to $100.00 for meals for two. Most places that you are talking about depend on a population base of 100,000 people within about a 20 minute drive. It doesn't sound like Hopkins county to me at this time.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14815

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
I would settle for a place like Double C in Winnsboro. Their flat iron steaks are beyond compare.

Last time I visited White Oak Seafood Buffet, now under different management, the place was packed and a wait for a table was about 20 minutes. That is very encouraging since they have very good quality and varied choices, including the cobblers and ice cream machine for dessert.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14818

• insstx
  • Expert Boarder
Has everyone forgotten about LouVineys? They still have some pretty good steaks and seafood at reasonable prices.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14819

That's odd. I posted something this morning and it's gone? :S

I'm usually not in town at night, so I've missed Lou Viney's steaks, but I sure like their fishcakes, Greek salads and flat bread sandwiches.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14820

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
phurrchild wrote:
Hey, Dave is that I or II Corinthian? Like your humor. There is a very good Viet. restaurant in Rockwall called Rice Paper. Why we are on this eatery subject, what's up w/ the restaurant that seems to be coming to the location that always seems to burn? {Near the Bowling Center) I noticed a couple of wks ago that something was coming there; something to do w/ BBQ and open 24 hours.?! Wow.

Phurr - I met the man who is opening the restaurant in the old western sizzler/el portrillo location on the service road. He seems to be a nice man with experience in the restaurant business, mainly on the west coast. He told me he was in no hurry to open during the holiday season and would aim for January. He told me he was in no rush, and wanted to make sure when he opened - he was fully prepared. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14844

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you for the nfo, Dave. I appreciate it.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14856

• townsend
  • Platinum Boarder
dkbailey wrote:
Great! 2 more Chinese Food places. Why can't we have a really good seafood and/or steak restaraunt?

Hill billy cafe on highway 19 south has a great steak and reasonably priced lunch special. We have enough eatting places we just need to look around. :huh:

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 9 months ago #14869

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
insstx wrote:
Has everyone forgotten about LouVineys? They still have some pretty good steaks and seafood at reasonable prices.

No, haven't forgotten, just haven't been out to eat in a while, been dining at home, if you can call what we eat dining. LOL. Mealtime at our house is like shift work, and none of us work the same shift. Add a new oven that decided to go out and there wasn't much cooking going on. Not many kisses for the cook, but the cook sure was grinning a lot at the new oven. Microwave and crock pot meals sufficed though. Good news though, we've already made a date for Lou Viney's so we have time to adjust our eating to make sure we're plenty hungry by the time we get there, and after almost 2 weeks waiting for the service date, the oven is working.

Date night was really nice at Lou Viney's. Garlic bread with Marinara sauce, salad, and curried chicken, some white wine, and bread pudding that is still to die for. Outstanding service from all the wait staff.

I might add too that there was a party of about 10 there when we arrived. I think they were still there when we left. They had a young lad and an infant with them. My compliments have to go to the the parents of the young ones. Seen but not heard, as they saying goes. Very pleasant evening out.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by anon.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 8 months ago #14883

• Queen Bee
  • Senior Boarder
Someone told me yesterday that is was going to be like the Golden Corral. But I don't really know... The Chinese Buffet will be next to the Pilgrims Bank

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 8 months ago #14896

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
Hey, Townsend,
Exactly where is this Hillbilly Cafe? I have been down 19 S and I couldn't see it. Would you tell me how far it is from the truck stop? If it is good, I would like to give it a try, but I have to locate it first. I would appreciate it very much, if you provided a bit more nfo.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15070

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I saw a large billboard on Gilmer today advertising the Lakeside Buffet. They must be getting about ready to open. I'm pretty sure it is Chinese - or maybe "Asian" - I wouldn't mind seeing some Thai, Korean, Japanese or Vietnamese on the buffet.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15073

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Has anyone tried The Little Chef restaurant in Cooper? It's out W. Dallas St. across from the old Chevrolet dealership location.

Re: New Buffet Restaurant in SS 3 years 6 months ago #15081

• SmallTownGal
dave_k60 wrote:
I saw a large billboard on Gilmer today advertising the Lakeside Buffet. They must be getting about ready to open. I'm pretty sure it is Chinese - or maybe "Asian" - I wouldn't mind seeing some Thai, Korean, Japanese or Vietnamese on the buffet.

I drove by Lakeside Buffet this morning and noticed two unlit neon signs in the front window that said Sushi and Grill. Should tell you what kind of restaurant that's going to be.

I'm curious about what else is going in in that building. I noticed a drive through window on the far west end of the building. I've heard Subway is going in that one but I really hope not.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu