LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pioneer Cafe

Pioneer Cafe 3 years 10 months ago #14787

Well i finally got to eat at the Pioneer Cafe and i ate the Chicken Enchilidas a couple of weeks ago, i got home and was so sick, i was sick for 3 days. I decided to give it another try , so i came in Monday, took 45 minutes to get my food and it was some kind of chicken on the lunch special and they were not busy.. It was awful..and i got texas toast , what happened to the rolls.. guess my luck is not really good with this restaurant.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by working woman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 10 months ago #14788

• dfausett
  • Fresh Boarder
I am sorry that you had such bad experiences. I have been pleased with the food and the service, but I guess my tastes are simple. I usually order the bowl of beans (with onions) and cornbread. If that appeals to you, I would recommend that you try it next time. Best wishes, -- Don

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 10 months ago #14789

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
I've never had a problem eating there. Maybe eating too much!

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 10 months ago #14790

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
My favorite day to eat there is Wednesday when the special is delicious fried pork chops, like Mama used to make, served with cinnamon spiced apples and your choices of vegetables. I usually have enough leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day.

Only once have I managed to get there for breakfast. It was a feast! :kiss:

CAUTION: DON'T EAT THE CORNBREAD! 3 years 10 months ago #14822

I AGREED WITH YOU ON THE BEANS AND CORNBREAD UNTIL THIS FRIDAY...MY FRIENDS AND I WENT TO EAT THERE ON OUR LUNCH BREAK AND I ORDER THE BEANS AND CORNBREAD LIKE I ALWAYS DO...AND THE CORNBREAD HAD MOLD ON IT!!!! UGH!!! THE BEANS WERE ALSO HARD AND BLAND...THE MOLD PART GOT ME..SHOWS THAT THEY USE LEFTOVERS, I ALSO TOLD THE LADY AT THE REGISTER AND ALL SHE TOLD ME WAS SHE, "WAS SORRY"!!! NO DISCOUNT OR NOTHING!!!! I KNOW I WANT BE BACK! WHICH REALLY STINKS CAUSE I LIKED THAT RESTURANT AND THE SERVICE!!! :S

CAUTION: DON'T EAT THE CORNBREAD! 3 years 10 months ago #14823

I AGREED WITH YOU ON THE BEANS AND CORNBREAD UNTIL THIS FRIDAY...MY FRIENDS AND I WENT TO EAT THERE ON OUR LUNCH BREAK AND I ORDER THE BEANS AND CORNBREAD LIKE I ALWAYS DO...AND THE CORNBREAD HAD MOLD ON IT!!!! UGH!!! THE BEANS WERE ALSO HARD AND BLAND...THE MOLD PART GOT ME..SHOWS THAT THEY USE LEFTOVERS, I ALSO TOLD THE LADY AT THE REGISTER AND ALL SHE TOLD ME WAS SHE, "WAS SORRY"!!! NO DISCOUNT OR NOTHING!!!! I KNOW I WANT BE BACK! WHICH REALLY STINKS CAUSE I LIKED THAT RESTURANT AND THE SERVICE!!! :S

Re:CAUTION: DON'T EAT THE CORNBREAD! 3 years 10 months ago #14840

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
i wish people had to use their real names when they totally blast a local business. Sometimes, people might get the wrong impression that someone had a vendetta, or a vested interest in a competing business.

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 10 months ago #14841

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
If there is a problem with the food, send it back. If there is a problem with the wait staff, inform the manager. After all, when you hand them your money and the check to pay your bill they usually ask: "Was everything all right"?
If it wasn't... tell them. They might not know. Give them an ear full. Hopefully they will make corrections. :) Be nice, smile. :)

If things were good, you should tell them that too.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 9 months ago #14975

• dfoster
  • Fresh Boarder
I can tell you, I have ate here many times and not only has my food and service been great, but it has never made me ill. If I received moldy cornbread, I would tell the waitress and show it to her. I would not want her serving it to anyone else. I am sceptical when people jump on these boards and start bad mouthing others. Remember you are only getting 1 side of the story. I have been attacked like that before with no idea who is saying it and no way to respond or make the situation correct. Some people believe what you write and you can hurt an honest business who relys on the community. As for me, I'll see ya at the Pioneer Cafe!

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 9 months ago #14985

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I have eaten at the Pioneer, and I will just say, that I flat out don't believe the complaint. First clue - was typing in all caps. It looks like hysterical screaming about a questionable piece of cornbread. It just doesn't add up, in my opinion.

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 8 months ago #15003

• jane
  • Senior Boarder
I don't trust the original poster.
She only has 2 posts ever??
Seems like she just came here to complain.
The whole story about being sick for 3 days just sounds made up.

I love the Pioneer Cafe. I eat breakfast there with my husband at least once a week. We have never had any issues.

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 8 months ago #15004

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
In the old days, opera singers used to hire "claques" that were paid to cheer wildly for the singer that paid them, and to boo unmercifully for the singer's rivals. I don't think it happens any more at the opera, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens in other areas.

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 8 months ago #15005

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
Probably without the payments though.

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 8 months ago #15016

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
dave_k60 wrote:
In the old days, opera singers used to hire "claques" that were paid to cheer wildly for the singer that paid them, and to boo unmercifully for the singer's rivals. I don't think it happens any more at the opera, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens in other areas.

Interesting. Kind of reminds me of those inane laugh tracks they use on TV comedy shows. Apparently, we are not bright enough to know what's funny. :dry:
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: Pioneer Cafe 3 years 8 months ago #15021

Gabrovic wrote:
dave_k60 wrote:

Interesting. Kind of reminds me of those inane laugh tracks they use on TV comedy shows. Apparently, we are not bright enough to know what's funny. :dry:

lol
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.104 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu