Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Airport Security

Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14753

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
I'm curious about how the readers feel about the new screening procedures at airports around the country. I feel there is something seriously wrong with what I feel are intrusive and possibly illegal "enhanced pat-downs" and the so-called "naked" scans.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by dave_k60. Reason: typos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14754

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
I think it has gotten out of hand.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by buckrack8. Reason: grammar

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14766

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
Benjamin Franklin had this to say about it:
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Is this about airport security or making us compliant to intrusions on our personal rights.
I do not accept this as a realistic approach to security. The Israeli's use profiling. And so far it is 100% effective.
But if I am to be forced to do this in the name of security, no way in hell will I accept Muslim women to be exempt. It is the Muslims that have brought these intrusions on.
We better step up Americans and see what is happening to our country. And get informed and active.

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14768

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
The fact is, profiling would be the most effective means of screening potential threats to airline security. Virtually all the terrorism acts and attempted acts have been committed by young, middle eastern men. Another thing, when you make your airline reservation, airlines know your flight history - they know when a patient takes a vacation every year to Florida. They know businessmen and women who fly frequently from Dallas to NY, Chicago or LA. This is a typical over reaction by the intrusive federal government. I think there is a constitutional amendment against unreasonable search and seizure.

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14769

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
Do they scan the luggage that is put in the cargo hold? Do they scan the people putting the luggage on the plane? Do they scan the people putting food on the plane?

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14770

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
buckrack8 wrote:
Do they scan the luggage that is put in the cargo hold? Do they scan the people putting the luggage on the plane? Do they scan the people putting food on the plane?

Good question, Buck

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14771

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
i haven't been through any "enhanced" screening -- so i'm really not sure how I would feel. However, I do know that I value my safety and the safety of everyone who flies.

The "naked" scans or whatever don't bother me a bit. Who cares about that?? I don't mind bringing some comedy to others! :silly: :silly:

And those who keep making a Constitutional argument are off-base IMO. YOU make a choice to fly. If you don't like the security measures, then drive to your destination or take Greyhound. Nobody is making us fly. When you buy that plane ticket, you are consenting to whatever search safety officials feel is necessary. And yes, the same argument should be made about profiling.

Those are just the thoughts off the top of my head. Once I go through an "enhanced" screening I very well could change my mind.

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14773

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
all this stuff about the scans & pat downs.....wonder what they'd do if they had a few folks come through that asked for both and wanted them to continue scanning and patting down for awhile....LOL.

I'm not so sure I'd want that job, no way, not in the least, not now, not ever....there's some real sick folks in this world and it would worry me if I had to do that job that I'd run into the weirdo that actually enjoyed the process.....yuck.

Re:Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14774

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
jbourne wrote:
i haven't been through any "enhanced" screening -- so i'm really not sure how I would feel. However, I do know that I value my safety and the safety of everyone who flies.

The "naked" scans or whatever don't bother me a bit. Who cares about that?? I don't mind bringing some comedy to others! :silly: :silly:

And those who keep making a Constitutional argument are off-base IMO. YOU make a choice to fly. If you don't like the security measures, then drive to your destination or take Greyhound. Nobody is making us fly. When you buy that plane ticket, you are consenting to whatever search safety officials feel is necessary. And yes, the same argument should be made about profiling.

Those are just the thoughts off the top of my head. Once I go through an "enhanced" screening I very well could change my mind.

J - most airline passengers are traveling for business - not pleasure, so it's not just a question of getting on a greyhound, driving or taking a train. All the pictures of the enhanced screening, and there are plenty of pictures and videos show it to be humiliating. This is not about keeping our travelers safe. It's about the current administration's obsession with political correctness and its refusal to admit that we are at war with Muslim terrorists with the goal of killing Americans and destroying our way of life.

Re: Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14775

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re: Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14776

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
excellent, stan!!!

Re: Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14777

• grasshopper
  • Expert Boarder
NEW T S A MILESTONE REACHED!
It's official. As of today:
TSA has handled more balls than Barney Frank! :ohmy:

Re: Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14778

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
Airline passenger outrage continues to grow over the "enhanced pat downs" and full body scans. The good news is that the morale of TSA screeners is up 47.6 %.

Re: Airport Security 3 years 11 months ago #14779

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Good news, the ACLU is out at the airport to "advise" travelers of their rights.

:cheer:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by StanWright.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu