Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your dream job

Re: Your dream job 3 years 8 months ago #14932

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
SportsSidekick wrote:
I'd take over for Bob Phillips. I'd love to travel and tell the tales just like Texas Country Reporter. It would be great. Rv-ing across the hill country meeting fascinating people - capturing a moment in time. That's the dream.

My dad always laughed at all the sunset photographs I would take, and he paid to have developed (back before digital age). Think of all the postcard scenes there would be to photograph along the way.
yeah, that's a great idea. i've watched ol' bob since i was a teen. i remember when he came a couple times to ss, even to the high school once.

getting ready to buy some sort of an RV this year. finally got some things worked out and it's now or never, i'm thinking. i'd like to buy something that i can pay off before i retire in a few more years (god and stock market willing) and still put some miles on after i retire.

i've travelled internationally enough for business and pleasure. now it's time to discover places here at home. without those nasty airline fees and procedures. and with a camera in hand.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Your dream job 3 years 8 months ago #14937

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
I've been lucky to make a living from my 2 hobbies.
Fishing & Photography.

Now days, Grasshopper and I have the same job... and I love my job as much as he does... RETIRED
:laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re: Your dream job 3 years 8 months ago #14942

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
School teacher. Science. I know, I hear all the horror stories too. But at my age, I figure that I do not have a lot to lose. Educating tomorrow's generation seems to me to be the ultimate in community service. It is something that I am paying forward from all my teachers and professors.

Re: Your dream job 3 years 7 months ago #14986

• MsHaggie
  • Senior Boarder
Hats off to you Doc!!! You are exactly the type of teacher these kids need today. There are several like you out there, but not nearly enough!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu