Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sell of K2 in SS

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 11 months ago #14719

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
This posting was started as a comment on only the sale of K-2 and now has evolved into a wholesale commentary on drugs in society. This should say something on how each of us views legal/illegal drugs: namely, that they are all inter-related.

Perhaps all of us can come up with a story for each side of the drug issue. I know one man who has smoked pot daily for at least 30 years; he is now a respected businessman (but with health problems). Others have died because of a bad trip with meth.

My point is that we can blame society all we want and make all kinds of laws, but that will not stop people from this. The ANSWER, "parents teach your children to live healthy." When the child gets to be an adult, they are responsible for their actions. I know this goes contrary to a lot of you posters out there who want the city of SS to ban certain things so your children do not get into them. But to all of you writing out there, I ask you, "did you teach your children to lie, cheat, steal, and do drugs?" If you did then you need a horse-whipping. If not, then why cry about your children getting into drugs if you as a parent did you duty to teach them.

One parent who is Sick of all this Nanny-state nonsense, and I am teaching and correcting my own children.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by kat2jab. Reason: Placed "I am" in last sentence
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 11 months ago #14724

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
kat2jab wrote:
One parent who is Sick of all this Nanny-state nonsense, and I am teaching and correcting my own children.
Absolutely right! Kinda what I have been saying but from a later stage. It does begin with teaching our young. My point is a later stage. When they become a failure in life. Sorry about your bad luck, I am not for a nanny state either. So when you mess up your life by whatever means legal or illegal that is self inflicted, you should be on your own.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 11 months ago #14726

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
kat2jab wrote:
My point is that we can blame society all we want and make all kinds of laws, but that will not stop people from this. The ANSWER, "parents teach your children to live healthy." When the child gets to be an adult, they are responsible for their actions. I know this goes contrary to a lot of you posters out there who want the city of SS to ban certain things so your children do not get into them. But to all of you writing out there, I ask you, "did you teach your children to lie, cheat, steal, and do drugs?" If you did then you need a horse-whipping. If not, then why cry about your children getting into drugs if you as a parent did you duty to teach them.

That's exactly what I was getting at with the "holier and wiser than thou" crowd always telling people what they can and can't do, should or shouldn't do. Why do I need approval or disapproval from a few people who THINK they know better. I teach my own what's right and not right, not the City Council, State, or Feds.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 11 months ago #14732

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
sadly, not all parents "parent" a child - they're not involved enough to teach a kid right from wrong, to be self sufficient, have self discipline, be honest or any number of good hard lessons we've been fortunate to have learned from our elders or throughout our lives. some of us are good and solid enough to do this - and i highly commend and applaud those of you that are "in" your kids lives in this manner.
but how do you handle those kids taht aren't as fortunate?

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 11 months ago #14735

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
heartandmind wrote:
but how do you handle those kids taht aren't as fortunate?

Good question. I see this as one of our biggest problems of children getting into drugs legal and illegal. However, I do not have the ability to change it; I know it has to be a complete heart change. I can't change them and neither can government programs.

Off topic, but HM this will illustrate my point. I have picked my son up from afterschool events and have heard this conversation from a parent to a child (who was actually obeying). "Get your G-@@##$$% A-$%^$% in this car you sorry Ba$%^& or I am gonna F#%^ you up so bad you little Mot&$%^&&*%!" I hope you understand that with all the symbols.

This is same mindset that leads to cities trying to ban certain substances. The parents refuse to be good parents so the city-state-nation tries to take over. I repeat my point, it is the parents job to do this. As for the parents who do not, I again say horsewhip the parents until they get some common decency beaten into them. Your children are your future. My children are my future.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 11 months ago #14737

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
this nation's children are all our future - they'll be the economic drivers, the political force and the heart and soul of this nation as we age.

and that's a little scary to me right now when i look around in the malls or any other common aree space.

for the record i'm stepping up - i'm volunteering with my church in a community outreach program for mentoring kids. some of us work with them on their homework and then some of us will take them outside and do some constructed playtime instead of turning them loose on video games. my area happens to be coaching soccer. and it's not just teaching the basics of the sport - there's honor, sportsmanship, respect, discipline, competitiveness and a whole host of other things that go hand in hand. kids understand winning and losing - he (or she) that scores the most, wins. plain and simple. we've got to turn them all around to want to gain the skills in any endeavor to win. that's the key, to get that "gut feel" or that "gut urge" to drive through and get it done.

does anyone else remember the 'old days' when we might act up in public, even without a parent around and there'd still be consequences? either someone calling mom & dad or actually stepping up and telling you what you did was wrong and there were immediate consequences? and even then, probably still calling your parents before you even got home so you'd face them, too? yea, that was the "village" idea, even back in the 60s and 70s and it wasn't a politcal ideal or anything - we as kids just knew there'd be someone around no matter what.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by heartandmind.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 10 months ago #14792

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by cduff. Reason: none

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 10 months ago #14798

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
excellent points, truk

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 3 years 10 months ago #14857

• townsend
  • Platinum Boarder
guess the council will need to ban gasoline and markers. They will get you high if you smell them too.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu