Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sell of K2 in SS

Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14656

• redvet37
  • Fresh Boarder
For those who are unaware , K2 is made as an incense & our some youth are smoking it & say the high is comparable to marijuana. Im concerned that by our City Council has made a very bad decision by allowing adults 21 & older to purchase K2 in SS. Most of the towns around us have banned K2. So now in SS we have made it very easy for it to be sold to kids. If 21 or older you could have a car full of it & unless you actually got caught selling to a minor - its legal. I think there are plenty of aromatic products out there for people to purchase that youth arent getting high on to ban the sell or use of K2 in SS.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14660

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
yea, but it seems that there's a movement of getting pot legalized. i'm worried about that, mind you...so maybe that's where that idea came from? i don't know....just kind of odd, if you ask me.

Re:Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14665

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
Sulphur Springs should know better than this. They have been battling the drug epidemic on I-30 for years and it is not getting any better. I really don't think that the way to avoid drug abuse is legalizing an isomer of pot.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14670

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, legalize Medical Marijuana....

Pray that you never have to get kemo for cancer.
Everyone suffers... the cancer patient, the family, and the friends.
Anything that will bring relief to the patient should be legal.

Perhaps if those people that are so against medical marijuana
got cancer and had kemo........? :angry:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14672

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
i have no issues with medical marajuana.

it's those that just want to sit around getting high all day long that probably shouldn't be tokin' in the first place.

i was around enough poor examples of pot smokers long ago in my youth to see the destruction that lies in wait for anyone that's of a weaker sort....it really is a gateway to all sorts of activity that i can't get into here, and that i personally didn't do, just witnessed. i've always worked for companies that drug tested so that was a big deterrent, besides it being illegal and no real desire to be "stupid" as they called it. heck, 2 beers and i could fall asleep now as it is anyway!

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14677

• Jman
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14678

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm so happy that redvet37 and a few others are so quick to tell ADULTS what they can and can't do. Kids can't buy it, if they want it they WILL get it, whether it's legal to ADULTS or not. How is that different than alcohol? It's not. I know a COP that has given my 15 YEAR OLD daughter beer, and liquor several times. Needless to say she doesn't go over there any more. I'm just sick and tired of the "holier and wiser than thou" crowd ALWAYS trying to tell GROWN men and women how to live their lives. Always wanting to ban this and ban that. If you don't like or want it, don't do it. Leave the ADULTS the RIGHT to make their own decisions!!!!!!!!

(JUST TO MENTION I DON'T DO ANY OF THAT STUFF, I AM JUST RECENTLY HEARING ABOUT THIS K2 CRAP)

Legalize the real stuff and everyone won't have to worry about the people who are smoking chemicals.
What irritates me is all the drunks you see running around, killing people in vehicles, killing themselves in vehicles, under age people with alcohol poisoning, and so forth. Besides hearing about an occasional "bust," how many stories do you know of that talk about a "driver, stoned on marijuana, caused a fatal crash."? I can't think of any right off hand. As a matter of fact, besides busts, I can't think of any marijuana related fatalities, can you?(I found 1 when I googled it) How many alcohol related deaths have there been, in say, the past year? Tons.
I don't care one way or the other if it gets legalized or not, but come up with something better than the "it leads to other drugs" crap that is constantly being spewed by the anti-weed crowd. I'd rather have a stoner working next to me than a drunk anyday.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by sniper101.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14689

• redvet37
  • Fresh Boarder
Instead of just name calling maybe you should become educated on the effects of K2. Incense are not made for nor safe to smoke & kids are ending up in the ER everywhere. My post said nothing about what grown ups do with exception to selling or giving illegal substances to our children. As for being same as giving kids alcohol you are exactly right- it is wrong & illegal & i would definately press charges against any adult that gave kids alcohol regardless of thier stature or occupation in the community.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by redvet37. Reason: wrong spelling

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14690

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
The only thing I have to add is like HM I have had plenty of exposure of chronic pot smokers and other forms of chemical recreation. Sorry I have no use for them. I can also say I have known plenty of people that smoke pot occasionally and are fully functional, by holding a job and responsible for themselves and family financially and every other way. I have no problem with that.
I do have a problem with the full time toker that has grand dreams, yet never makes one step to go forward and get off the couch. Too often we end up supporting them and their family. That I DO have a problem with. I do not care what a person does to themselves. So long as they are doing it to themselves by their own earned support not my tax support.
I will meet those that think it should be legal, half way. Alcohol and drug testing to get welfare. In exchange for similar laws for pot as there are for alcohol. Their system must be as clean to get welfare as I have to keep mine for me to hold my CDL and others to hold their job to make a living. I am sick as a taxpayer of rewarding people for their bad habits. If you can afford any habit you have, enjoy. So long as you understand if it is your recreation activities that make you disabled like my brother in law that blew his brains out at the end of a Heroin needle. He is medically disabled. My sister gets four social security checks monthly. He gets one and all three kids get one as well. Sis does OK for never holding a steady job. I am sorry for the kids. But my logic is that if there is no free ride. How many will not go there? Sure some will. But if their life is hard it might just be a lesson to others.
I certainly do not have all the answers. I just know the current way is not working.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14692

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
Oh and as far as medical use. Only a fool will make a issue of that one. For the chronically and terminally ill anything that can help should be legal on a very limited basis.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14699

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
redvet37 wrote:
Instead of just name calling maybe you should become educated on the effects of K2. Incense are not made for nor safe to smoke & kids are ending up in the ER everywhere. My post said nothing about what grown ups do with exception to selling or giving illegal substances to our children. As for being same as giving kids alcohol you are exactly right- it is wrong & illegal & i would definately press charges against any adult that gave kids alcohol regardless of thier stature or occupation in the community.

You specifically said what you are saying you didn't say. I didn't call you a name I just placed you in a generalized category with people who make statements like the one below.
Im concerned that by our City Council has made a very bad decision by allowing adults 21 & older to purchase K2 in SS.
This isn't even worth arguing over. The feds are currently investigating it and it will probably be banned too. Besides that, anyone who would smoke something that specifically said "DO NOT SMOKE" may very well wind up in the ER.

By the way redvet37, don't let me get under your skin, I'm sure there are plenty who agree with you. Some would agree just because they don't like me. :laugh:

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 2 weeks ago #14704

• grasshopper
  • Expert Boarder
As far as I'm concerned, all "dopers" and drunks are complete idiots and I have no use or patience for any of them. Lots of people don't seem to really care....that is, until a member of their family gets killed or damaged for life by some complete idiot on the stuff. It is just another product used as a "designer" drug and should be outlawed just the same as other designer drugs are.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 1 week ago #14708

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
grasshopper wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, all "dopers" and drunks are complete idiots and I have no use or patience for any of them. Lots of people don't seem to really care....that is, until a member of their family gets killed or damaged for life by some complete idiot on the stuff. It is just another product used as a "designer" drug and should be outlawed just the same as other designer drugs are.

Just curious...What do you consider a "doper"? What do you consider a drunk? Is a person who imbibes alcohol on occasion a drunk, or is it just the one who has to have a drink or three every afternoon? Is the person in pain who smokes grass as a pain reliever a doper, or is it just the one who is high all the time? This isn't a question just for Grasshopper, but also for the rest.

Oh, and I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'm genuinely interested in your responses.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 1 week ago #14709

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
inkeper wrote:
grasshopper wrote:

Just curious...What do you consider a "doper"? What do you consider a drunk? Is a person who imbibes alcohol on occasion a drunk, or is it just the one who has to have a drink or three every afternoon? Is the person in pain who smokes grass as a pain reliever a doper, or is it just the one who is high all the time? This isn't a question just for Grasshopper, but also for the rest.

Oh, and I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'm genuinely interested in your responses.
I thought My position was pretty clear. I could care less if you smoke your brain. Just do not become a tax burden. And keep it away from me. But too many burn themselves out and have wasted all they have and now become a burden to others. Simply put, do not play if you cannot afford to play. As for how much someone can have....I know someone that half a beer turns him into a bonehead. So for him his limit is less than a half beer. Each has to determine what causes them to cease to be functional and sociable. And I already stated my position on Medical drugs.

Re: Sell of K2 in SS 4 years 1 week ago #14715

• grasshopper
  • Expert Boarder
The problem is, that the guy who becomes a "bonehead" after 1/2 a beer may well be the same way after smoking a designer drug. I personally feel the "keep them away from me" idea just won't work, whether something's legal or not. I believe the laws in society were initially designed to protect or shelter the maximum amount of reasonable citizens from incidents or actions that were a danger to themselves or others. Laws will be broken by some no matter the end result. (Does murder come to mind?). We could argue this until the cows come home, but it will probably not change either of our views. I chose to live my life the way I want, just like everyone else. If they chose to abuse or dis-obey the presently written laws, then they should suffer the results of their conspiratorial actions, whether a substance is "legal" or not. :dry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu