LoginCreate an account

  Username: Password:
 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stop sign on loop?

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14028

  • page
  • page's Avatar
I love the new road. I use it all the time. Don't see what the problem is. The big sign tell you crossing traffic does not stop. Open your eyes do you see any stop sign on the the hwy 11. No I don't think so. Does the stop signs on Arbala rd, say crossing traffic doesnt stop. It called read the signs. Everyone should be OK!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14029

  • kat2jab
  • kat2jab's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 59
  • Karma: 4
What Page lacks in grammatical skills is more than compensated by the profundity of her logic. ( I am assuming that Page is female.)

If everyone would actually read the signs and follow them; there would be fewer "accidents." :laugh:

Has anyone ever seen people driving north on Gilmer by McKay's? Have you tried getting through Main and Davis by stopping according to regulations? What about people on Broadway bridge turning eastbound towards Chili's while going south in the far right lane? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Today, somebody passed me on the right side of a narrow street here in town where there was not even a lane; they passed in the parking areas. What kind of a sign would stop this? As drivers of vehicles, we need to take responsibility for our own safety and those others on the road.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14030

  • Gabrovic
  • Gabrovic's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 251
  • Karma: 14
kat2jab wrote:
What Page lacks in grammatical skills is more than compensated by the profundity of her logic. ( I am assuming that Page is female.)

If everyone would actually read the signs and follow them; there would be fewer "accidents." :laugh:

Has anyone ever seen people driving north on Gilmer by McKay's? Have you tried getting through Main and Davis by stopping according to regulations? What about people on Broadway bridge turning eastbound towards Chili's while going south in the far right lane? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Today, somebody passed me on the right side of a narrow street here in town where there was not even a lane; they passed in the parking areas. What kind of a sign would stop this? As drivers of vehicles, we need to take responsibility for our own safety and those others on the road.

Take responsibility! Whoa. I am going to like your posts. :)
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14040

  • page
  • page's Avatar
Whoa speak english that normal people understand. WTF! Dont assume it makes a ass out of you and me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14041

  • kat2jab
  • kat2jab's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 59
  • Karma: 4
Page, all I meant was that while your postings do not conform to the proper usage of the English language, they do in fact, make sense. Not only that, you have come to the conclusion (quite properly) that people need to be aware when they drive. I applaud you for your quite correct logic. :cheer:

As for speaking English, I can be as stuffy as your teachers at school, or I kin taulk lik a rednek hick and be just as comfortable. As a point of reference, sometimes it pays to have a variety of speaking skills to communicate your point effectively.

Once again, I say "AMEN" and "ALLELUIA" to your point about the intersection. Continue on; your enthusiasm will eventually land you in a good place in life.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14053

  • jbourne
  • jbourne's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1305
  • Karma: 20
kat2jab wrote:
Page, all I meant was that while your postings do not conform to the proper usage of the English language, they do in fact, make sense. Not only that, you have come to the conclusion (quite properly) that people need to be aware when they drive. I applaud you for your quite correct logic. :cheer:

As for speaking English, I can be as stuffy as your teachers at school, or I kin taulk lik a rednek hick and be just as comfortable. As a point of reference, sometimes it pays to have a variety of speaking skills to communicate your point effectively.

Once again, I say "AMEN" and "ALLELUIA" to your point about the intersection. Continue on; your enthusiasm will eventually land you in a good place in life.

Page has NEVER been enthusiastic about anything ;) ;)

And I'm pretty sure Page is a he, not a she. :blink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14059

  • inkeper
  • inkeper's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 592
  • Karma: 17
jbourne wrote:


Page has NEVER been enthusiastic about anything ;) ;)
[/quote]



Uh Oh.... Look out JB! B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14064

Page in the mix. Ya, this thread has potential written all over it.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by SouthernBaptist.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14065

page wrote:
Whoa speak english that normal people understand. WTF! Dont assume it makes a ass out of you and me.


Oh, the irony is limitless on this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14066

  • Gabrovic
  • Gabrovic's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 251
  • Karma: 14
Amen.

Didn't Bill Cosby talk about this a few years ago? :S
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Gabrovic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14096

  • Sammie
  • Sammie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1306
  • Karma: 11
Another wreck yesterday at the intersection. I AM PISSED OFF!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14097

  • Gabrovic
  • Gabrovic's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 251
  • Karma: 14
Sammie wrote:
Another wreck yesterday at the intersection. I AM PISSED OFF!


Is this the best language you can come up with? We have had WTF and your comment now. What words are next? Are there no civility rules anymore, written or tacitly understood. I think we have more problems in America than next November.
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14098

  • tjs
  • tjs's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 193
  • Karma: 6
HAVE to agree with Sammie!!! I was traveling west on the new highway yesterday, and had to apply brakes...hard...to avoid a truck that turned left from League St. right in front of me.

If all the potential danger of this intersection hadn't been brought to my attention, I could have been involved in yet another accident.

And then, I too, would have been pissed off!!

Now, I'm asking, how can the public protest to DOT or whoever makes these decisions! Sammie, I think we should contact someone who can DO something, even if it takes awhile to make it happen.

Haven't heard about the second wreck. Hope there are are no serious injuries.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14099

  • Sammie
  • Sammie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1306
  • Karma: 11
They took the lady off Life Support yesterday that ran the stop sign last month and was hit broadside by a dooley truck. Wonder how many tragedies will happen before their study is complete......................just sayin'.
tjs, I appreciate your concern and thank goodness noone was seriously injured, this time.

Gabrovic Wrote:
Is this the best language you can come up with? We have had WTF and your comment now. What words are next? Are there no civility rules anymore, written or tacitly understood. I think we have more problems in America than next November.

As for you Gabrovic, you can kiss my bare butt. This was a close relative of mine that was pulled in front of yesterday and I am mad as hell at TEX DOT for their blind short comings and YOU for not minding your own stinkin, rotten business, thank you very much.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop sign on loop? 4 years 2 months ago #14100

  • kat2jab
  • kat2jab's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 59
  • Karma: 4
I really am saddened to hear of the wrecks and near-misses on the new road.

As a motorcycle rider, I am used to car drivers being rude and aggressive towards bikers because of some bikers flouting the rules. However, my point is still the same; watch out and do not blame TXDOT for ignorant drivers. Until the last rainstorm, you could still see the black skid marks at College St. by Farm Bureau where I narrowly missed someone by sliding sideways to avoid an idiot who did not stop at the stop sign on Jackson St. Is that the city's fault? NO. Is it TXDOT's fault we have such a poor record in SS for not obeying and watching out for signs? NO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds

mySSnews Login



User Menu