Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What's going on here?

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14009

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
Scott wrote:
admin wrote:
An official egg-on-face apology goes out to all eDelivery subscribers and website visitors for any inconvenience while we were out. We had no cell service or wi-fi and were surrounded by nothing but thousands of acres of corn. I had forgotten what it feels like to not be "plugged in." I'm looking in to what happened with the server now and why it went offline. the server sends me a text message when the web service stops, but I didn't get those until after the damage had already been done. Fear not, I'm training everyone on how to push the button on the front panel of the server as a reboot was all that it needed to come back up.
--
Admin

All we got to do is push a button?? Talk about a lack of job security!! ;) ;) ;)

OH SNAP!! :blink:

Wrong thing to say there Admin!! LOL :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14010

• deckofficer
  • Expert Boarder
You know the old joke about engineers and cars... if it won't start, one of them turns it off and back on again.
Reboot almost ALWAYS works with computers. Maybe next time instead of banging my head against the keyboard, I'll call and suggest it. :laugh:
read my blog if you're bored.
echobasetoechoseven.blogspot.com/

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14031

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
The only thing I have to do now is figure out why the site won't display correct in Firefox since it came back up. Works great with Safari and IE.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14033

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
sniper101 wrote:
The only thing I have to do now is figure out why the site won't display correct in Firefox since it came back up. Works great with Safari and IE.

Snipey ... That's weird. I use Firefox here at the paper and at home to open the website and haven't had any issues ... in fact, it won't open for me in Safari or IE ... tech guru tried to explain it, but I'm not too fluent in 'techspeak.' B)

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14035

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I have IE, Firefox, and Safari and the site works fine with each one. I did have to download Adobe for each browser though for them to work properly.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14036

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure what it is exactly then. I reckon I will have to go through the preferences and see if anything has changed. I did get the Adobe updates today though, all the flash player junk. I thought it may have to do with java, but that seemed fine. For some reason this is the only site that doesn't want to load right.

It seems to be all the background stuff, like the css isn't loading in my firefox like it should. Actually, this just started since the Adobe update. Thorough machine check is fixin to be underway. I may have to re-install firefox or something.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14037

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright, that was quick. It seems Firefox and Zone Alarm Extreme Security have recently decided to have a conflict, which ZA always wins. If I open the browser without Forcefield on it works fine. Something in a recent update from ZA has something changed in the program control just for Firefox. Odd what these things do on their own sometimes.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14039

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
sniper101 wrote:
Alright, that was quick. It seems Firefox and Zone Alarm Extreme Security have recently decided to have a conflict, which ZA always wins. If I open the browser without Forcefield on it works fine. Something in a recent update from ZA has something changed in the program control just for Firefox. Odd what these things do on their own sometimes.

The thing that drives me crazy is when they write a program that messes everything up, then charge you for technical support or a new "patch" that they should give you since they messed it up. I sleep now. :woohoo:

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14043

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
Many software programs are sold way before they are ready for prime time. Then they fix them on your dime. :huh:
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #14044

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Gabrovic wrote:
Many software programs are sold way before they are ready for prime time. Then they fix them on your dime. :huh:

Ain't that the truth? :blink:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu