LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What's going on here?

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #13863

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
The two spam accounts are logged in right now. By looking at their profile they have had accounts for a couple of months now.
Areddeptord Join Date: 06/14/2010 Last Login: 07/16/2010
drottnersot Join Date: 05/28/2010 Last Login: 07/16/2010
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #13873

• admin
  • Thank you received: 1
Those are gone now. Problem is these bots will register for an account months before they post something and we don't really know which are bots and which aren't until they post. I went through and deleted a lot of users with foreign email addresses and users who have never posted anything, so hopefully that will help.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #13875

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
Admin,

Is there a way to get the postings back in chronological order? Just asking.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 4 months ago #13876

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
kat2jab wrote:
Admin,

Is there a way to get the postings back in chronological order? Just asking.

Agreed....feels like I'm searching for posts. Doesn't seem to make ANY sense.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13887

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
Just curious, is anyone else having a problem logging in? I can not login using the site login at the top left of the page. If i type in my name and password it simply refreshes the screen without logging me in. I have found that if I hit the login button with the field empty, it will bring up another login page that I can then fill in the information.

To logout, I have to use the option to the right under the user menu. The logout button at the top left does not work as well.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13896

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
inkeper wrote:
Just curious, is anyone else having a problem logging in? I can not login using the site login at the top left of the page. If i type in my name and password it simply refreshes the screen without logging me in. I have found that if I hit the login button with the field empty, it will bring up another login page that I can then fill in the information.

To logout, I have to use the option to the right under the user menu. The logout button at the top left does not work as well.

I haven't had that problem at all .... but what a pain :huh:

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13906

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
jbourne wrote:
inkeper wrote:

I haven't had that problem at all .... but what a pain :huh:[/quote

Yes it WAS a pain. Kept me away the last couple of days. It is now fixed!

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13979

• deckofficer
  • Expert Boarder
How long is this "maintenance " going to take?
The website wouldn't respond for over 3 days.
read my blog if you're bored.
echobasetoechoseven.blogspot.com/

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13981

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
I was nearly going to have an attack of panic proportions! I thought I had not only lost my Karma, but my very existence! Let us not do this again. This isn't funny...unless it happens to someone other than me. :woohoo:

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13982

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
It was a definite inconvenience of those of us who subscribe to the E-edition of the News (

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13987

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
muu wrote:
It was a definite inconvenience of those of us who subscribe to the E-edition of the News (

Sure was! I was wondering just this morning if there is another way we could at least get to the E paper without using this site. A backdoor for subscribers so that we could at least get to read the paper when this site goes away for several days.

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13994

• Scott
inkeper wrote:
muu wrote:

Sure was! I was wondering just this morning if there is another way we could at least get to the E paper without using this site. A backdoor for subscribers so that we could at least get to read the paper when this site goes away for several days.

Sorry about the problem folks. We had some technical difficulties and our esteemed Admin was off frolicking in Minnesota (if you can really frolic in Minnesota ;) ). To top it off, the two people next in line to fix this thing were in Minnesota, too. And, apparently, cell phones don't work too good up there.

Let's just say it was a rather "trying" time!! :blink: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #13999

• admin
  • Thank you received: 1
An official egg-on-face apology goes out to all eDelivery subscribers and website visitors for any inconvenience while we were out. We had no cell service or wi-fi and were surrounded by nothing but thousands of acres of corn. I had forgotten what it feels like to not be "plugged in." I'm looking in to what happened with the server now and why it went offline. the server sends me a text message when the web service stops, but I didn't get those until after the damage had already been done. Fear not, I'm training everyone on how to push the button on the front panel of the server as a reboot was all that it needed to come back up.
--
Admin

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #14002

• Scott
admin wrote:
An official egg-on-face apology goes out to all eDelivery subscribers and website visitors for any inconvenience while we were out. We had no cell service or wi-fi and were surrounded by nothing but thousands of acres of corn. I had forgotten what it feels like to not be "plugged in." I'm looking in to what happened with the server now and why it went offline. the server sends me a text message when the web service stops, but I didn't get those until after the damage had already been done. Fear not, I'm training everyone on how to push the button on the front panel of the server as a reboot was all that it needed to come back up.
--
Admin

All we got to do is push a button?? Talk about a lack of job security!! ;) ;) ;)

Re: What's going on here? 4 years 3 months ago #14003

• deckofficer
  • Expert Boarder
watch out. The monkeys are gunning for your jobs!
read my blog if you're bored.
echobasetoechoseven.blogspot.com/
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu