Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Atwoods

Atwoods 4 years 5 months ago #13737

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
Anybody know when they will open?
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Atwoods 4 years 5 months ago #13738

Not sure. I thought it was interesting last week when I saw the For Sale letters out on the big sign by the road. Did anyone else see that? I just can't imagine in this economy with 3 or 4 other stores that are similar in nature, them being able to make a go of it right now.

Re:Atwoods 4 years 5 months ago #13774

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
Don't know when (or if) they're opening, but the "For Sale" sign has been there for awhile. If they aren't going to open, they have really sunk a lot of money into that building and parking lot. It is confusing.

I agree though, I don't see how we can support another store of that nature. We need a discount grocery store, or a Target-like store....something to compete with Wal Mart please!!!

Re:Atwoods 4 years 5 months ago #13776

I would love a Target. The only drawback would be if it's a SuperTarget it would kill Brookshires.

Re:Atwoods 4 years 5 months ago #13780

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
Strange. I saw the for sale sign today as well.

I E mailed them and they said they were planning a SS store, but had no projected date. Your guess is as good as mine what that means .
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re:Atwoods 4 years 5 months ago #13781

• SmallTownGal
The for sell on the sign has been up since the church closed. Also, on the page in tonights paper that gives the Chamber of Commerce updates it says that Atwoods is now accepting applications for the Sulphur Springs store and that you can apply online by going to their website. So grand opening should be fairly soon.

Re:Atwoods 4 years 5 months ago #13789

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
Hmmm interesting.
I hope it does not hurt the new Sulphur Springs Hardware. I know those people worked hard to get that store going.
As for TSC I have lost faith in them a long time ago. I feel bad for the employees there, but I could care less for the store.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu