Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: law inforcement

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13736

• SmallTownGal
dadadad wrote:
Smalltowngal
Idid not sign a paper saying jail time was the only alternative. Hell thiers guys with 3 violation and been reinstated I dont know about all of this it's knew to me never been in jail in my life until this last yr. Iam not wanting pity it just seems screwed up to me Bye

There may be guys with 3 violations and their probation was reinstated. There's any number of reasons their probation was reinstated. It could be that the reason their probation was violated was not for the same reason they originally got in trouble for. For example, your crime involved alcohol. If you had violated the terms of your probation by fighting chances are your probation would have been reinstated. You violated your probation because you drank beer and failed a U.A. Another example, a man is arrested for possession and his punishment is probation. If he violates his probation he will risk serving jail time. The man goes to see his probation officer and has to submit a U.A. He fails his U.A. because he smoked dope a few days before. His probation is violated and he's sent to jail.

What is the other alternative when you violate your probation and the reason you violated is the same reason you were originally arrested? A slap on the wrist? Don't think so. You need to look at your court papers again. You did sign something that said if you violate certain terms of your probation you will serve time in jail.

I'm curious. What was your initial charge? It couldn't be a simple DWI (first) because that's a Class B and a jail sentence on that is not to exceed 180 days in jail. You say you got 1 year in SAFP but to serve 1 year you would have been charged with a Class A or possibly a State Jail Felony. Again, just curious.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by SmallTownGal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13743

I have always thought jail wasn't tough enough on the inmates. If it were tougher, there wouldn't be so many repeat offenders. I like the idea the sheriff out in AZ has. He puts all of 'em in pink, they eat bologna sandwiches every day and have to actually work. Not just lay up all day (which most of 'em like to do anyway), get 3 hot meals a day and some TV time. BS. I say If you break the law, don't complain about your sentence. Quit complaining about what others get and concentrate on changing your own life when your done with what you have to do.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13747

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
dadadad, i think you're missing the point of your incarceration. and if you continue to miss that point, you'll wind up there again. you either learn your lesson or you don't. it's all under your control, because in the end, all you can control is yourself. if you can't stop yourself from drinking a beer when you know full well you're not supposed to be drinking a beer, what does THAT say about you?

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13758

• dadadad
  • Fresh Boarder
O K thanks to everyone on the feed back I feel really blessed Iam going to go into this as a postive of changeing my life and getting better with 3 free meals a day ,aircondition,free shelter and rehab all on your tax dollar Wow :woohoo: Thanks again see ya in about a year ;) :kiss: :)
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by dadadad.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13777

• Jman
  • Senior Boarder
Dadadad I'm sure you don't want to go to jail and I'm sure you wish you would've made a better decision. You have admitted that you are guilty of your crime so I'm going based on that in my next sentence. You seem like a bright enough person to know right from wrong. You broke the law, obviously, and now are blaming law enforcement and the probation office for your consequences. I'm sure the other guys on here will agree with me when I say that I agree with you that some crimes are harsher than others, but we're talking about alcohol related crimes here and not anything else. I don't know what your first original offense was, but as a term of your probation I'm sure you were informed not to be drinking specifically. You drank alcohol again and you caused yourself a dirty UA. Dadadad that rehab is something that seems to me, and all of us on here I'm sure, something your need sir. Rehab is needed when you can't control drinking and if given a second chance by the justice system you should've made it worth while rather than celebrating your freedom with a drink. No sacasim intended. I don't know if you blogged to get support for your "DOWN WITH LAW ENFORCMENT AND PROBATION SUCKS AT THIER JOB" campaign, but sir go back and look at your posts. At no time do you say, "I got myself into trouble when I was drinking and given probation. I knew I wasn't suppose to drink alcohol, but did knowing that there was a possibility of a UA conduction. I screwed up and need some support or advice before I go to jail." Dadadad you blogged, "Law enforcment sucks and this lady is a B@#ch and she's got illegal family here bla bla bla bla bla!" You are expressing your anger towards the wrong people. Regardless what people say the justice system does not hand pick people to pick on. People cause crimes and they are held accountable if convicted. I'll keep you in my prayers Dadadad. I pray for you that your state funded reahab shows you how to deal with your problem. I pray that in a year we hear from you again in a different light. And I pray your last post was more than just sarcastic "everybody's against me" mentality, and you do feel blessed. Blessed that your alcohol use didn't kill you or someone else. Blessed that your only going to pause a year in your life to reflect on how you can better use your free time. And I'll remind you sir that your tax dollars have been going to others in your sitution every since you've been paying taxes also. Sincerly Dadadad God speed and keep your eyes on him rather than the bottle.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13778

dadadad wrote:
O K thanks to everyone on the feed back I feel really blessed Iam going to go into this as a postive of changeing my life and getting better with 3 free meals a day ,aircondition,free shelter and rehab all on your tax dollar Wow :woohoo: Thanks again see ya in about a year ;) :kiss: :)

Seems like with that attitude, jail is probably a pretty good option for you at this point in your life.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13782

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
In reading the posts by the original poster, I think there is a hint of denial going on here. That denial could be measured as being the emotional equivalent the size of, oh say, a water tower. The first thing you need to do is to admit that you have a condition (NOT a disease) that only you can cure. There is no pill that will make you stop drinking. There is no judge that can clear your UA. That is up to you. My dad passed away from alcoholism over 16 years ago. One of the finest guys you would ever meet. He just could not beat this. If you want to get over this, forget the jail complaints and accept responsibility for your action. Ms. Garcia did not drink that booze. The judge didn't pop the top on a cold one and force you to drink it. From what I am reading here, you are still in a world class level of denial. Until you come to your senses, you will likely be in and out of jails for the rest of your life. Or rehabs, which only work when the person is in agreement that he/she needs help. I hope you come out of this a better person. Nothing can be substituted for your life. For the sake of your family, if you have any that will still speak with you, I hope you finally admit your problem...to yourself. It is not too late. I wish you the best. I also want you to wish YOURSELF the best.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by docziggy.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13784

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
docziggy wrote:
In reading the posts by the original poster, I think there is a hint of denial going on here. That denial could be measured as being the emotional equivalent the size of, oh say, a water tower. The first thing you need to do is to admit that you have a condition (NOT a disease) that only you can cure. There is no pill that will make you stop drinking. There is no judge that can clear your UA. That is up to you. My dad passed away from alcoholism over 16 years ago. One of the finest guys you would ever meet. He just could not beat this. If you want to get over this, forget the jail complaints and accept responsibility for your action. Ms. Garcia did not drink that booze. The judge didn't pop the top on a cold one and force you to drink it. From what I am reading here, you are still in a world class level of denial. Until you come to your senses, you will likely be in and out of jails for the rest of your life. Or rehabs, which only work when the person is in agreement that he/she needs help. I hope you come out of this a better person. Nothing can be substituted for your life. For the sake of your family, if you have any that will still speak with you, I hope you finally admit your problem...to yourself. It is not too late. I wish you the best. I also want you to wish YOURSELF the best.

Very well put. This is all part of the "victim" society syndrome. I am sure obesity is now a "disease" covered under all of the nanny state welfare programs. :blink:

Oh, and remind me not to whine here on the forum. :laugh:
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13791

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
I know several people that have gone down this path. All of them crying foul, it was their first time,they were set up, ect. ect.
Unfortunately how much money you have for a good Lawyer does make a difference.
Assuming this is a DWI offence, the law is clear. Do not drink and drive. Not a new law. And yet day after day drinkers feel it acceptable for them to not only endanger themselves, which I could care less about. You know free will and responsibility. But unfortunately drinkers want to share the road and lane with others all the way to a crash.

If you play the game be prepared to get hurt. I apply this rule to myself as well. Pretty much why I do not put myself in this position. It all sounds harsh, but maybe society is tired of picking up after all the drunks and sweeping the blood off the pavement and paying for the court time and incarceration costs.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13793

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
dadadad wrote:
There it is... Precisely why we are fed up with dealing with people with alcohol issues.
First it is the attitude that they can do as they damn well please. After all I am not hurting anyone...right. All the way to the scene of the crash.
Second there is the denial that YOU made the mistake.
Third after all that fails, it is our fault, and it is cool with you to sit out a year on our dime. (Another reason I like Joe Arpaio in AZ).
With that attitude I suspect this won't be that last year you go upriver.

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13795

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
Just for giggles and grins. lol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

Re:law inforcement 4 years 3 months ago #13835

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by cduff.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu