LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use?

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13917

• Ranchhand
  • Junior Boarder
Really? I've heard nothing but good things about Alliance Bank and Galyean since I've been here. Heard they are great people that take care of their customers... Not sure if thats true since I've never done business with them.

Still not sure about who to use. I was referred to someone at Galyeans though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13920

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
I've used Alliance Bank for over 30 years and they have provided outstanding service for me starting out when I was young up to today when my family has business accounts with them. No complaints. None.

I've also used Gaylean Ins. and they are also fine. Don't know of any agent in town that's not. Shop for rates is the best idea, I suppose. We currently use Farm Bureau as we have agricultural property and they by far offered us the best rates on ag insurance.

Hope you love Sulphur Springs Ranchhand!!!!

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13922

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
Just a few tips, Ranchhand. Make sure your broker shops ALL of your coverages every year. You don't get points for longevity. Also bundling with one company does not necessarily get you the best bottom line prices.

Companies review their product lines at least once a year and they may decide, for instance, that they do not want to have any new auto bidness in Texas. They won't tell you that, but the premium is bumped up. You may think that's just the auto business and pay it. Hence, the reason for bidding it once a year for all coverages.

Your broker has no overt reason to shop the coverages because his commission is on gross premiums. (He's also out chasing new clients). The higher the premiums, the higher the commission. So you need to exert a little pressure. Finally, they often get free trips and such for business, so they might keep pushing one company for that specific purpose. Keep' em honest. Best of luck.
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13925

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
It's been recommended that with any insurance, we should all shop around if not yearly, every 3 or 4 years. They say the longer you have been with a company, the more the premiums you pay. Not sure why that is, but I have found it to be true over the years.

You might also check with your health care providers to see if they offer auto insurance. Some of my medical-dental is with MetLife, and they also deal in auto. I was able to get much better rates through them, and done as payroll deduction makes our life much simpler. Payroll deductions also lowered the premium some more. Claims are pretty easy to file and are handled promptly.

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13928

• luvanimals
  • Junior Boarder
I use to use Gaylean but have gone to Farm Bureau. They saved me over $1500 a year (home/car) :)

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13929

• Ranchhand
  • Junior Boarder
From my understanding most companies will give you lower rates if you put your auto and home with them. I know of a couple of companies who definitely do this.

The one things that I've read that I do like about independent agencies (like Galyean and a couple others in town) is that they will shop your rates amongst the companies they offer once a year. If you are with an exclusive agent of Statefarm or Allstate they will just keep asking you to pay what the corporate company sets your premium at. Independents will try to find you the cheapest no matter what.

I plan on getting around to the insurance this week so I'll probably give Galyean a call and Farm Bureau and a couple others a call but will probably stay away from Allstate and Statefarm.

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13930

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
I wish Flo would come to town. I really enjoy her commercials. I might even change to her company!

EDIT:: Thinking this might be feeble minded of me though, as long as it isn't small minded! ;)
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by inkeper. Reason: just having fun!!

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 2 months ago #13934

• Ranchhand
  • Junior Boarder
BTW. I'm not associated with any insurance company trying to get people to think about or look at any agency or company.

Just an new SS citizen looking for quality business.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu