LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use?

Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13667

• Ranchhand
  • Junior Boarder
I'm looking at getting some insurance from local providers since we moved into town.
I was hoping I could get some suggestions about who to use in SS. I know there are some statefarm and allstate agents in town but I want to get everyone's opinion on who they use and what they have covered.

Let me know so I can choose the best service in town.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13672

• SmallTownGal
I refuse to buy insurance (auto) from anyone in this town. I got a quote from Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau and they want for 6 months what I pay for 1 year with the company I use in Quitman. The way to go is with a Farm Mutual Company (Hochheim Prairie is who we use) because they are cheaper and still offer good coverage. The Farm Bureau does have the Mutual Insurance but they are not as cheap as others. Germania used to be good, not sure how they are now, and there's a local agent here.

Just my opinion, but big name insurance often means big time money and you can get really good coverage from smaller companies for a whole lot less. If you would like the name of my agent and her phone number I will gladly give it to you. I think you may be surprised with how much money you'll save.

ETA: Just want to add that neither my husband nor I have had any claims, accidents or tickets to cause our insurance rates to be high. We have full coverage with uninsured motorist on my car and strictly liability on his little truck.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by SmallTownGal.

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13675

Paul Stewart with State Farm here is SS saved us alot of money over another company in town that we had been with for years. On car insurance.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by SouthernBaptist.

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13676

• brad3510
  • Junior Boarder
BAUCOM INSURANCE! Numerous companies they can quote through to find the best rates, and they are extremely friendly! Great customer service, and great to do business with! Ask for Bradley Edge, he's an agent up there!

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13677

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
brad3510 wrote:
BAUCOM INSURANCE! Numerous companies they can quote through to find the best rates, and they are extremely friendly! Great customer service, and great to do business with! Ask for Bradley Edge, he's an agent up there!

Hmmmmm B) B) B) B)

LOL :laugh:

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13681

• dave_k60
  • Gold Boarder
brad3510 wrote:

The paper should charge for that ad lol

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13686

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
jbourne wrote:
brad3510 wrote:

Hmmmmm B) B) B) B)

LOL :laugh:

The same thing went through my mind when I saw that statement and user name. :laugh:

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13691

There is a new insurance company just off the square, Harper Insurance. He sells Progressive, State Auto, Hartford, Kemper, Hochheim, Encompass, and a few more. They can quote lots of companies to get you the best rates. They saved me over $600 on my home. Their phone # is 903-885-8465 and his website is www.harperia.com

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 4 months ago #13867

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
Glenn Mattison can't be beat as far as friendly service and long term business relationships. He goes to bat for you. The same with David Baucom. The man is wonderful and his business model proves it. I don't work there and haven't seen or talked to David in several years. Both of these would be good sources of insurance quotes.

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 3 months ago #13909

• Ranchhand
  • Junior Boarder
What about Galyean Insurance downtown?

I've heard some good things about their agency and that they have a lot of providers to pick from. Anyone ever done business with them and can say they were good?

Still looking around.

Thank for the advertisements from earlier posts.... :dry:

If you're going to advertise the people you work for then just start a new thread telling people about your company.... plus, I'm not sure I would want to do business with Allstate or Statefarm right now.

Heard Statefarm is in a big lawsuit because they didn't increase their rates when the state told them to and now they owe money for something. not sure the whole story.

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 3 months ago #13911

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
Ranchhand,

Before I married, I used Gaylean for auto insurance. Good people and good service. Afterwards, I got on my wife's Farm Bureau policy. I haven't had bad service or extreme rates with either. If you like small town feeling to a business, then use either one. I know some people fit better with other places, but I liked the people in Gaylean just like I like dealing with Farm Bureau.

Re:Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 3 months ago #13912

• Ranchhand
  • Junior Boarder
Hmm.. okay so good people. good service from both.

I haven't checked with either place yet. Just know a few people who have their insurance with Galyean and they said they've always been on top of things for them. Just trying to get a feel for other people's opinions.

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 3 months ago #13913

• SmallTownGal
Just an FYI about Galyean Insurance. They are a subsidiary of Alliance Bank. Doesn't really mean a lot if you don't mind doing business with Alliance. Myself, I won't go within 10 feet of Alliance Bank which means I wouldn't do business with Galyean's

If you're interested, my offer to give you my agents name is still on the table. Just message me. Don't worry, I don't work for them and none of my family does either. =)
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by SmallTownGal.

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 3 months ago #13914

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
STG,

Some people feel better with different companies; that does not mean that others have received bad service from the same place that one person is happy with.

By the way, I used to use Avinger-McCorkle White (Long time ago). Nice people, but they actually had policies filed in cigar boxes, yes they were old cigar boxes, and shoe boxes. After seeing that when I went in to change some information , I started shopping around like Ranchhand is doing.

Re: Insurance in Sulphur Springs. Who to use? 4 years 3 months ago #13915

• SmallTownGal
kat2jab wrote:
STG,

Some people feel better with different companies; that does not mean that others have received bad service from the same place that one person is happy with.

:huh:

The point of this thread was to give information about insurance companies and that would include who owns the insurance company. Some people are not aware that Alliance Bank owns Galyean Insurance. There are people, other than myself, who absolutely refuse to do business with Alliance bank or their subsidiary. I don't know if Ranchhand is one of those people or not so I thought I would them know who owns the insurance company since it had not been mentioned.

No where did I say that Ranchhand should not use Galyean's and since I don't do business with them I wouldn't say not to. I have, however, used Alliance Bank and have fallen victim to some of their poor business practices. Because of that, I WILL NOT go within 10 feet of their bank or set foot into their insurance office.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by SmallTownGal.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu