Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Super Handy Stores

Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13588

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
College Street store by First Baptist Church- This was the filthiest store I have ever been in. Just nasty! Can't believe that SH has let this happen. Put some of your money back into the stores instead of your pocket dude! Fountain drink machine was dirty, coolers dirty, floors dirty, cash register counter was filthy. I hate to tell you, but someone should be inspecting these stores weekly, because somebody is not doing their job. These stores have gone downhill totally. I will not be going back to College st. I promise you that.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh here, but these stores were once really nice. Look around at your competition. Find some great managers who will take pride in their stores.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by cduff. Reason: Harshness I thought
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13592

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
I saw those conditions a lot when I was in SS, but quite frankly Super Handy is a stalwart business to the community there. Mr. Booker was a good man and Buck a super guy. If you have a problem with the store, rather than blasting them online, why not call the company HQ and let them know how you feel? Those are stores that have been there for generations and perhaps a gentle nudge instead of a baseball bat is what is needed. Just my .02.

Re:Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13594

I don't go in them anymore. They are all like that. And the cigarette smoke will knock you down when you go in one. I can't imagine if the owner has even stepped foot in one in the last 5 plus years. They've been that way quite a while. Too bad too, because they are in really good locations.

Re:Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13595

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Let management know... they will probably be glad to hear from you.
Customer comments are important to service businesses.
Sometimes that's the only way they find out there are problems.
For every letter or phone call they get....
There are 100 other people out there thinking the same thing.
Call 'um up.

I'm not bothered that much about naming names.
Perhaps that will prompt some of their friends or loyal customers to get off the dime and speak to them.
Hopefully it will cause a change for the better.

What is the policy on inspecting food services in Hopkins County?
If there is a City Health Department... just a phone call will take care of it.
They also like hearing from customers.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by StanWright.

Re:Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13596

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
I also avoid Super Handy. Thinking it over, I believe cduff IS trying to help management. Isn't it more help to complain SOMEWHERE than to just stop going to the stores, like SouthernBaptist and myself?

I can't believe management/owners don't already know the conditions of these stores. They've been in this business WAY too long. Maybe they're not aware that the nasty stores are costing them business~

Re:Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13607

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I have been using the Super Handy at College and I-30 for years. This store shows it's age, but it is still pretty clean. I have no complaints, and I appreciate that the gas prices are a little cheaper than some of the other convenience stores.

As far as the smoke in the stores, I see the employees smoking outside, they said they are no longer allowed to smoke inside because of customer complaints. This, I was told more than a year ago. On the occasions that an employee has been working alone, I've seen them, cheerfully, put their cigarette out and go inside when a customer enters the store.

I will occasionally go to the store on Gilmer, but haven't been there lately. I don't think it is too bad either. At least it wasn't the last time I was in it.

Re:Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13610

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
I did call store management and advise of the conditions of that store. I just find it hard to believe that it hasn't been noticed prior. Gilmer is not in that condition. As far as a baseball bat......whatever. Just trying to give the heads up that some previous customers won't be spending their money in that store. I felt dirty just going in there. You really didn't want to touch anything. I used to go to that store at least 2 times a day, approximately a year ago. I just could not believe how bad it had gotten. I love SH and actually prefer to go there, but come on. Go take a look for yourself management and compare to other stores. I don't really care about the smoke, but being clean is a must.

Re:Super Handy Stores 4 years 6 months ago #13611

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
And yes......I know Buck is a great guy, done great things for this town. I just think maybe he's not being informed.
In any business that is successful......you surround yourself with people that will TAKE care of things for you as you would. That's what makes it successful. His current folks aren't TAKING care of him or his business. That is the impression I gathered. Management folks, step up!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu