LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion What does Sulphur Springs need?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What does Sulphur Springs need?

What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13439

My husband and I bought a wonderful piece of property in SS last year that we have been visiting a couple of weekends a month. We live in Frisco and have a daughter who will be a sophomore and our son will be a junior in the fall. We all would LOVE to move out to SS permanently but we have to find a way to support our family. My husband doesn't want to commute to Plano to work everyday. So, I would love to get some input as to what SS is missing? What type of business or service would do well in SS that isn't already there? Any and all ideas appreciated. Thanks!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13457

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
A pancake house or steak house. Sporting goods store with emphasis on hunting and fishing. Appliance store

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13484

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
I have been considering opening a hunting/gun/fishing/outdoor type of place. If I did I would put it outside the city for tax purposes of course. I just wonder how popular something like that would be.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13495

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
I definitely agree about the pancake or steak place. No more pizza or Mexican food places please!!

I would like to see a good catfish type place closer to Sulphur Springs as well. We have been to AJ's, Miller Grove and White Oak. Not complaining about any of those places, I'd just like someplace closer.

Could be difficult for someone to succeed with an appliance store here. Would have to have an angle to compete with Lowes.

Sniper, my husband would LOVE to have the kind of store you're talking about. I'd just be concerned about location. That's just me, though. If it's off the beaten path, I either forget or don't make the effort unless there's a price/product angle to lure me in.

I'd love to have an idea for one of the small empty locations downtown on Main or Connally.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13497

Chic-Fil-A. I would go there 3 times a day. And I think the fact they are closed on Sundays would go over good in this town.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13500

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
We got a Chic-fil-A here in my town (around Austin) last week. You cannot get in the place. It is stacked with all the parking spots taken and the line runs around the building. If there ever was an investment that would make money, that is it. Just don't try going there on Sunday. They take the Lord's day off...as it should be IMHO.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13501

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13503

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
Sniper, What did they say in the movie? If you build it they will come.
The Ammo Depot in Caddo Mills I've seen Sulphur Springs people in there.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13511

• deckofficer
  • Expert Boarder
Well, there are quite a few things missing here.Until we get people into the habit of actually shopping and living here,it just isn't going to work.I've seen too many good places go to have any real hope of a free standing place lasting with the rents they are charging. Unless you buy a franchise and have their backup you may be better off starting your business from home and going from there.Whatever you decide to do,good luck.
read my blog if you're bored.
echobasetoechoseven.blogspot.com/

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13512

It's got to be something meticulously managed. I've seen good places be good for the first month or two and then go downhill quick. And for gosh sakes, whatever you do, don't put it on one of our
cock-o-many one way service roads. Whose idea was that anyway? SS not quite that big to merit oneway service roads yet. Heck, Greenville doesn't even have them.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13514

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
how about some sort of transportation service for folks that can't drive? like for some of the elderly or what have you. i know there's one service, but it seems to be a little cumbersome.

if you want to go with a food place, then i'd say something that delivers good food - not pizza either - to your doorstep at a reasonable price.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13515

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
In my opinion, the keys to a successful business are research, a sound business plan and proper management. We have had some great places to eat here that have failed because of lax management. I think other businesses fail without having a plan for success in place.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13520

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
We should have a Dennys soon. LaQuinta means "next to Dennys" in Spanish. :lol:
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13521

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
mmmm....."moons ove my hammy" with fries.......dang it. NOW i'm hungry. so much form my morning.

Re:What does Sulphur Springs need? 4 years 6 months ago #13524

• luvanimals
  • Junior Boarder
a really good German restaurant. :laugh:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu