LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Fine dining, children and parenting revisited
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fine dining, children and parenting revisited

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 6 months ago #13376

• SmallTownGal
Gabrovic wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree.

So you're not going to debate your stance? You're just going to lay down and say "We'll have to agree to disagree." There's nothing to agree to disagree with. You made a sweeping generalization that is completely unfounded, except based on your opinion and "trust me." I'm sorry, but I won't trust someone just because they say I should and I won't trust anything you say if you don't explain your stance. :unsure:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 6 months ago #13377

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 6 months ago #13388

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
SouthernBaptist wrote:

Gee ... I've missed out on some fun in this thread!!! B) B) B)

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13406

• page
Its been a while since i been on here. First of all im not a GD lady. If I want to take my kids to a nice rest. and you dont like leave Cough,Cough my money spends just like your. :angry:
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by admin.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13410

• jrgman
  • Fresh Boarder
It may have been a while since you were on page but you sure didn't find any class during that time did you? :(

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13411

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
tjs wrote:
....I'll let you know what I think if I'm ever able to take all my kids to a 'fine dining' establishment :lol: Our 'fine dining' experience is anyplace with a buffet or where you don't stand in line at the counter to place your order.....

just re-reading this thread.....and was pleased to see that most posters agreed that a well behaved child is welcome while one that acts up and disrupts is not, no matter where.

we went to eat at a local buffet place not long ago and i got a little disturbed at a group of 3 kids - ranging in age from about 6 to about 10. they were there with who i thought were their parents.

1. the sign clearly stated if a kid was under the age of 10 for the parent to escourt them through the buffet - and no parent seen with the kids
2. since when is it ok for a kid to cut in line just because they wanted the man-n-cheese that i standing by? the little girl - probably around 8 just walked up, ignored me, my tray and reached over my tray to help herself to the mac-n-cheese. nothing said, no "excuse me", nuttin'.
3. whatever happened to no shirt, no shoes no service? the 2 boys, about 6 and about 10, kicked off their flip flops to run around the restaurant - most noticable due to the fact they kept running by my table nudging my elbow a couple times while i was trying to either eat or take a swallow of iced tea. the second time, i said something & the mom replied "you don't have to be so mean"......yea, right lady. i have gravy and iced tea on my shirt - it looked really nice later when i was at the meeting at church. thanks for that.
4. the loud talking and laughter was ok - really, it was. but when the youngest boy let loose with a scream or screech that curdled milk in the back, that was E-NUFF! he was old enough to know better than to scream like that in public. everyone, and i mean everyone in the place froze & stared. mom & dad? o-my-gosh-bliv-eee-usss to everything, including the scream (she was sitting right adjacent to the tike's chair)

1. kids should know, even by age 6, not to cut in line
2. kids should know, even by age 6, to say "excuse me" when accidentally nudging someone.
3. parents should know that playing tag in a restaurant where there's other diners is not appropriate behavior for anyone of any age and should stop the kids from participating or instigating.
4. i understand sometimes kids have those melt downs, but at least react and LOOK at the child - there could be something WRONG with the little angel.

come on now. show a little respect and understanding when other diners complain.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by heartandmind.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13412

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
Man, heart, you seem to run into a lot of those lovelies when you're eating out!! :S

Sorry your dining experience was ruined. I'll be a little extra diligent when we DO get to eat out.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13413

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
tjs....there are times i think i'm a kid magnet...LOL.

i'm sure you & your kids are just fine when you're out & about, no worries from me, that's for sure!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

And many thanks to those of you that have served this nation, either in the military or as a family member of the military. without you, this nation wouldn't be the wonderful place we all call home.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13416

"It may have been a while since you were on page but you sure didn't find any class during that time did you?"

Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by SouthernBaptist.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13470

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
page wrote:
Its been a while since i been on here. First of all im not a GD lady. If I want to take my kids to a nice rest. and you dont like leave Cough,Cough my money spends just like your. :angry:

Oh goodie, Page has returned in full glory!!!

And SB, that was CLASSIC!! B)

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13475

• Momof2boyz
  • Fresh Boarder
SouthernBaptist wrote:
"It may have been a while since you were on page but you sure didn't find any class during that time did you?"

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what it. It's often said that those who are insecure with themselves call other people names to make themselves feel better.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13476

Actually it was Jman who said that. I was just reacting. lol... your so silly.
It's called literacy mom. learn it, know it, live it. Wanna race down the hill on karma?
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by SouthernBaptist.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13477

• Momof2boyz
  • Fresh Boarder
SouthernBaptist wrote:
Actually it was Jman who said that. I was just reacting. lol... your so silly.
It's called literacy mom. learn it, know it, live it. Wanna race down the hill on karma?

It's called using a quote button. Learn it, know it, live it. Unlike you, karma doesn't mean a thing to me. I don't care how low or how high mine goes. It must bother you though. Funny how you still resort to name calling, though, so while I may have gotten the original poster wrong the response is still the same. Those who are insecure with themselves call other people names to make themselves feel better.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Momof2boyz.

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13478

Actually I got to a -10 a while back because of you. It was kind of a game and I was hoping to get it to minus 20. Help me out. I can see it's important to you, so like STG, I'm going to let you have the small minded 'last response' mental victory. Go for it. Gotcha!

Re:Fine dining, children and parenting revisited 4 years 5 months ago #13479

• Momof2boyz
  • Fresh Boarder
SouthernBaptist wrote:
Actually I got to a -10 a while back because of you. It was kind of a game and I was hoping to get it to minus 20. Help me out. I can see it's important to you, so like STG, I'm going to let you have the small minded 'last response' mental victory. Go for it. Gotcha!

Just so you know, your cyber bullying and name calling is against the law (it's a form of harrassment) and if STG, myself or anyone else on here wanted to press the matter we could and you would be charged with a crime. It would just be a matter of having the courts subpoena the information that you used to sign up on this site. So you might want to rethink about the way you start responding to people. Just a friendly piece of advise that I thought I would share with you. TTFN.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Momof2boyz.
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu