LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Graduation Celebration ?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Graduation Celebration ?

Graduation Celebration ? 4 years 6 months ago #13166

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Graduation Celebration, I know it as Project Graduation...... popular with HS parents. A supervised all night party to provide graduates with a safe, drug & alcohol free celebration. Lots of food, games, goodie bags, and prizes. The ones here offer a car as the top door prize.
Usually held at a "secret location"..... the kids are not even told about...... (keeps out party crashers)

Did you participate in a Graduation Celebration? Did your school even have one? What do you and your kids think of the idea?

Inquiring minds want to know!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Graduation Celebration ? 4 years 6 months ago #13168

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
We didn't have it when I was in school, but I think its a great idea. I also don't think its bad that the senior's parents have to put some money up!

Re:Graduation Celebration ? 4 years 6 months ago #13171

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
A bunch of us were planning a "graduation party"..... when at the last moment the parents of one of the local churches, which will remain un-named, ( I'm sure my Class of '65 friends who still attend the 1st Baptist Church will know who I'm referring to) ;)

Anyway, busses appeared and many of our classmates were taken on a "surprise trip".
I don't recall it being referred to as a "Graduation Celebration" at the time....
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So now you know how and when "Project Graduation" started in Sulphur Springs.
Great idea, I'm glad to see it's still around.

P.S. With our "party" no longer on... several of us ended up at Mike's house sitting around with his Dad, discussing the Viet Nam War and our future plans.

P.S.S. We all ended up there, and we all lived to get home.
:) :) :)
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by StanWright.

Re:Graduation Celebration ? 4 years 6 months ago #13173

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
i think the "graduation celebration" died out sometime in the 70s, because there wasn't a darn thing (unless I missed it for some reason) when my class graduated.

darn.

Re:Graduation Celebration ? 4 years 6 months ago #13187

• new2country
  • Senior Boarder
My graduating class was 16 in Alaska. We did this, but it was rather boring. Needless to say there was no door prizes and it was held at a cabin. This is not a bad idea though. If someone on here is planning something like it for the seniors here, please post something so I can contact you. I have some resources that I could likely donate. (no, not a car)
:)

Re:Graduation Celebration ? 4 years 6 months ago #13191

• SmallTownGal
I think Graduation Celebration started back up in '95 or '96. I graduated in '96 and we had one. Ours was not at a secret location. We had ours at what was then Echo Lodge. To get in the door you had to buy a ticket the last week of school. There were door prizes every hour that ranged from cash to gift certificates and if you didn't win anything during those drawing and you were still there for the grand prize drawing you could win a computer. If you wanted to leave you had to call home and get permission from your parents and one of the Senior Sponsors had to witness the call. There was food, prizes, a band and all kind of games. It was a night to remember especially since my class went 10 years before we got back together.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu